• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Komatsu Serial Number check Please

dbx

Does anyone know of problems with D65E's or P's? I have seen some comments on EX's and PX's but nothing on the clutch/brake steer versions.

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
Only the people at the factory could say where the serial numbers start at. It is my experience that all of them jumble the serial numbers to prevent or confuse their competitors.

John C.

Occupation
The serial number doesn't show up in my sources meaning it is likely gray market. The earliest numbers I show start 22XXX and that would be 1977 or older.

Behrad

My book lists it as a 1999 model year.
Hello my friend , I,m buying 2 komatsu excavator with following serial No. , I appreciate if you help me with manufacture year .
1-DBAK0555 (PC400-7)
2-257314 ( PC200-7)

John C.

Occupation
The first number doesn't show up for a US designated machine. PC400-7 machines were built from 2004 until 2007. There are probably earlier ones as Komatsu usually puts out machines in Asia and Europe before they land in North America.

The PC200-7 serial numbers in North America start at 50047 so the same issue applies with this machine as well. I show years built from 2002 to 2006 for North American machines.

Good Luck!

Behrad

The first number doesn't show up for a US designated machine. PC400-7 machines were built from 2004 until 2007. There are probably earlier ones as Komatsu usually puts out machines in Asia and Europe before they land in North America.

The PC200-7 serial numbers in North America start at 50047 so the same issue applies with this machine as well. I show years built from 2002 to 2006 for North American machines.

Good Luck!
Dear John , Thanks for your help! another pc400-7 : KMTPC192A02070395 coud you also help me with this one? I really appreciate

optimacyconst

Hi, does anyone know if this Komatsu PC60 can be imported into the US? It is a Tier-II but not sure about the years allowed - serial: KMTPC026V38A03236

John C.

Occupation
That number does't workin in any of my serial number data. You will need the Dash number in the model number to start with to find a year of manufacture for the engine and maybe an engine serial number or a photo of the engine tag. What country is it in?

optimacyconst

img.axd
Thanks, the country it is in is China (Shanghai) but the writing looks Japanese. Attaching the plate

optimacyconst

Sorry, just realized you need the engine plate. The picture I have is not a good quality. I'll post it when I receive it from the vendor.

John C.

Occupation
The earliest Dash 7 model showing in the US is year 2000. The easiest four digit serial number is a non dash number and shows year 1987 and is in the 4XXX range. In any case you are looking at a machine that is over twenty years oid at least. I have never seen a Komatsu Sn tag that looked like that. This deal has a very strong smell to it at this point. It isn't something I would recommend for anyone.

oldwhiteman

Occupation
E&I
Iam looking to but a komatsu pc60-6 serial# 33472. Was wondering if someone could give me some info on it. It's got 3400hrs

John C.

Occupation
You are going to need to provide more information. The full model number is necessary.