• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Komatsu Serial Number check Please

Jm1030

Hello, I’m buying a used machine is china. And would like more info on it. Any help would be great, I’m new to the heavy machinery world. Thank you

Attachments

• 41965A72-28D0-4923-93D0-A8062ECAC2DD.png
    41965A72-28D0-4923-93D0-A8062ECAC2DD.png
    7.8 MB · Views: 16

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
My data does not show that exact serial number but does indicate that it is a 2014 model year. It must must be very inexpensive to purchase and ship to here. Make sure you get a parts book and service manual as part of the deal. There will be no support here for it. Also consider that it may be stolen. How many hours are advertised on it?

Jm1030

My data does not show that exact serial number but does indicate that it is a 2014 model year. It must must be very inexpensive to purchase and ship to here. Make sure you get a parts book and service manual as part of the deal. There will be no support here for it. Also consider that it may be stolen. How many hours are advertised on it?
It’s advertised as a 2020 model. And 900 hours. Thank you for the reply

David Pugh

Long time reader and first time poster, can anyone tell me about this Mini -EX, its a PC20-7E Serial number 43835
Thanks
Dave

John C.

Occupation
Not in any of my sources. I don't know of any PC20 models ever being made for the US market so I would guess it is gray market.

Fofo

Hi everyone
Can someone help me any info for this pc300 excavator
Serial: c51304

Attachments

• 4C2F18E2-224F-482B-B623-35570A8AED02.jpeg
    4C2F18E2-224F-482B-B623-35570A8AED02.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 8

John C.

Occupation
Overseas model machine. My sources don't cover it. You might try a search of auction results and ad site on the web looking for machines with a similar number and see what they show for a year.

JohnP87

I am an appraiser, and I am trying to make sure that I get my client the most for his Komatsu, but I am having trouble determining what year it is. I would appreciate any help at all on this. Thank you in advance.

Model: PC210LC-10 Serial: 450821

John C.

Occupation
If you are an appraiser, your job is to identify the value of the asset for the function it is going to be used for. You're not supposed to care about what your client wants at all. You are not their advocate, you only identify and make an opinion based on the facts that you find by research.

I have to pay for access to data bases that provide me that information. You might try solving the issue by doing some research on Machinery Trader and find similar machine serial numbers and stated years of manufacture.

JohnP87

If you are an appraiser, your job is to identify the value of the asset for the function it is going to be used for. You're not supposed to care about what your client wants at all. You are not their advocate, you only identify and make an opinion based on the facts that you find by research.

I have to pay for access to data bases that provide me that information. You might try solving the issue by doing some research on Machinery Trader and find similar machine serial numbers and stated years of manufacture.

I need to know what the year of the machine is so that I can find comparable equipment online per the adjusters CPA and file notes.

John C.

Occupation
You can subscribe to Top Bid and their data base. What state are you in. You may not be allowed to even work on the case if it is for an insurance claim. Many states require a degree in insurance plus an independent insurance adjuster's license or be subject to fines.

Welder Dave

I'm curious, a lot of people ask for Komatsu serial numbers. Don't the Komatsu dealers have this information? Do you have to be registered with them or something just to find out the year of a machine?

JohnP87

You can subscribe to Top Bid and their data base. What state are you in. You may not be allowed to even work on the case if it is for an insurance claim. Many states require a degree in insurance plus an independent insurance adjuster's license or be subject to fines.
I appreciate the concern, but I am independent and I have been doing this for about 12 years now. This is the first Komatsu brand I've seen here in Arkansas, and I've just been struggling a bit to find a year or anything close to it, as the owner stated he wasn't sure, but thought between 2010 and 2014. Unfortunately, the market varies drastically from 2010 to 2014, based on the research I've done, and I don't want to get the guy less or more than what it's worth. This has been one of only a handful of claims to trip me up, and I happened onto this site in hopes of assistance, but I'll look elsewhere, and I appreciate your assistance.

John C.

Occupation
Do you belong to an appraisal society or organization? You know you can't take the word of the client as to any information they provide unless there is some kind of backup? Are you aware the insurance claims are some of the most likely cases to put you on a witness stand? If you don't have access to serial number information for Komatsu, do you have access to any other brands machinery? With that much time in the business, one would have thought you would have had those types of problem solved in year one or two.

I'm being tough because I hate seeing people put themselves in a bind they might not survive. Why don't you PM me and we can discuss things out of the public eye.

John C.

Occupation
It's a gray market machine so I don't have any information on it. You can research it by looking for that model being sold at auctions.

Meko4803

Looking for some help identifying a Komatsu wheel loader that I inherited… The information off the frame plaque says model is WA 180-1L with a serial number of A70578. Was looking to buy a shop manual but seems that the SN and model aren’t lining up. Any information is appreciated.

VjjR

Hi John, I have a Komatsu PC35mr-2 serial number 6294. Could you help me with the year? the Identification plate has a ding in the PIN and I cannot read the entire number and the year as usual is blank.