• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Kubota D1105 problem solving black smoke

robdean

There's been some confusion about the build of your pump. If it's the same as the one in the video, it doesn't have a rack and segment as was being discussed earlier, but the fundamental problem appears to be the same.
In your video at 49:30, see how he's lining the pegs up with the cutouts in the rack? You either have this wrong or you have a plunger 180° out, time ref 34:00.
Thank you so much!! I will start over on the pump and watch the video closely.

robdean

On that video at 29:45 when he installs item 080 from picture further up in the post above he just puts it in. I am wondering if that is my issue? I dont see any other place i messed up and i have taken it apart and check several times. I will do it one more time. I am sure since part 080 has slotted screw holes its made to be adjusted.

robdean

There's been some confusion about the build of your pump. If it's the same as the one in the video, it doesn't have a rack and segment as was being discussed earlier, but the fundamental problem appears to be the same.
In your video at 49:30, see how he's lining the pegs up with the cutouts in the rack? You either have this wrong or you have a plunger 180° out, time ref 34:00.
Well i thanks you for your post. I never looked back at the 180 degree off since everyone was telling me its not possible i was a tooth off. It turns out i was 180 out on that one. Its working great.

robdean

I guess what this proves is holding an art degree by a member of this forum does not make them an expert in everything including giving great clear direction. And i did not need a flashlight to check out the phantom gear underneath.

But thanks for the help and sarcasm but i hope you expect some back. :)

Cmark

The rack-and-gear-one-tooth-off comments were legitimate and fitted the symptoms. They just did not apply to your particular pump. If you hadn't linked the video we would probably still be arguing about it and by now someone would be insisting that you should reseal the swivel.
A picture paints a thousand words and all that.....

The only thing I would like to add in relation to the video, is to work cleaner than him. The way he built that pump was, frankly, filthy.

Last edited: