• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Kubota KX121-1

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day
If the machine has a pattern changer check it has not been partly turned.
Kind regards
uffex

Ken D

The machine will run forward and backwards, dozer blade and thumb
The joysticks are virtually dead. I have tested both the lockout solenoid’s, and they are both hot. In fact, I jumped them with a jump wire to double check that.
Does anyone here know if there are any relays off of the joysticks, or anywhere in those circuits to prevent these from working? Would it have anything to do with hydraulic filters or high, low pressure valves, I’m kind of at a dead end here so forgive me for the questions that do not pertain to my issue if there are any.
With the sticks dead, I can’t even raise the boom, stick or bucket to load it on a trailer

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day
The only component that will prevent pressure fluid reaching your joysticks (RCV's) is the solenoid valve and the pattern changer. There is only one control lock out solenoid according to the schematic. If you have jump fed the correct solenoid and nothing works, you must have a fault with that part.
Kind regards
Uffex

Ken D

I took the solenoid out of the equation
And it was working correctly. I also checked the wire going to the solenoid. It was hot. Then sent the power back through the system directly (jumped the two wires, )and still nothing
Where to now ?

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day Ken
That will only leave the servo pressure, you need this to function correctly for the RCV's to produce the pilot pressure to activate the main valves.
I will try and find some illustrations for the 121 to help out.
Kind regards
Uffex

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day Ken
I have found some KX121 information see attached, if we have not missed something I would suspect the solenoid valve is not pulling, you would need to check the pressure from this with a gauge. The line from the solenoid is a common to a number of functions slew brake - two speed travel ect. check to see if these are working.
I have made the line red in the illustration.
Kind regards
Uffex

Attachments

• KX121 HydSchema.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 33

Rivet

Good afternoon
I have a similar issue that has been on going. Auto idle works when controls are touched but nothing moves. I’ve taken the screen filter out of the control block cleaned reinstalled and was up and running. This worked for a day and now I’m back to nothing. New filters and oil. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.