• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

KVGT issue

funwithfuel

Occupation
Mechanic
Are there no other codes? Are you able to monitor voltage and position through the instrument panel? I think, I would want to monitor the voltage and position KOEO, and compare those values to KEOR, and then under load, so full throttle, arm in to end of travel and hit the boost button. (Left thumb button)

funwithfuel

Occupation
Mechanic
After checking values, I would follow guidance provided by LACHAU, we all know it's a PITA to backprobe connectors but not everyone has all the breakout boxes. I'm concerned mostly with the connectors at the EGR housing that act as a go-between. Verify your circuit integrity from end to end, yes, all the way to the ECM. Be EXTREMELY CAREFUL not to spread the pin sockets in the cavity. I always use a terminal removed from an old sensor and carefully check for drag while inserting and withdraw. While you have your measuring equipment hooked up, twist and manipulate the harness along it's path. Pay particular attention to right at the connectors and at each P clamp. Your looking for wires broken within the insulation(common Deutsch connector problem) and chaffing at clamps and bends. When measuring the circuit, don't forget to measure against the neighboring circuit for cross-bleed. Good luck

alexc

Well, OP, Vetech63 corrected his issue. Rather than open new threads, everyone resurrects this one. There's a multitude of cause and corrections for "just this issue"
did you now how they resolve their issue ? what was the cause?

Hoe hand

Finally fixed the 240 ended up being the position sensor and a wiring harness issue the new turbo the sensor was bad from factory used the old turbo sensor and it didn't fix nothing got to chaseing the engine harness and found rubbed and stripped wires fixed that and it is back to its old self runs like new