• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

LA County Fire Department's Finest

jazak

Thats some real nice equipment...I would love to go off-roading with that 6x6 International :D ;)
I can't believe it has the Durmax...it must be a beast!!

Bob Horrell

Charter Member
Occupation
Owner/Operator grading business
9420pullpan, Where were you in the High Desert. I live very near the the high desert. Let me know next time you come down. We could have lunch, a beer, coffee, or something.
Bob

9420pullpan

9420pullpan, Where were you in the High Desert. I live very near the the high desert. Let me know next time you come down. We could have lunch, a beer, coffee, or something.
Bob

we were down in Lancaster for work. we were working at the Wal-Mart on the east side of town. and me and "Hoeman" were bored looking for equipment. and thats one of the things we found.

i have some more pics we went down around Sun City i believe off of Newport ave and found Sukut's 5110 and snapped some pics of that it was at night so didnt come out great. but i will include some of those and some others
enjoy

P1000273.JPG

P1000267.JPG

P1000264.JPG

P1000268.JPG

P1000288.JPG

9420pullpan

and around Lancaster we found this one another job, the Cat 660 is huge machine! but the B model 637's were rough

P1000321.JPG

P1000318.JPG

P1000315.JPG

P1000327.JPG

P1000329.JPG

Bob Horrell

Charter Member
Occupation
Owner/Operator grading business
9420pullpan, How long are you going to be in Lancaster? I did 2 jobs there last week. A windy son of a gun. It was so windy that the transfers bringing gravel had to leave the trailer box in the truck going back so it wouldn't blow over on the trailer.

9420pullpan

auh we'll be here for a few more days working at night so. but i did go down to Riverside and went to the cat dealer and the deere dealership. found some interesting things... ill post a new thread later

Dualie

Not a legal tie down on the lowbed but nice equipment they got down there. Chino hills has a sweet 6x6 Pete water tender that i would definately like for my personal stable. also LAFD has several NRC 60 Ton wreckers for heavy rescue trucks.

Tn Bulldog

Occupation
Heavy equipment operator/ Truck driver
nice pics pullpan esp of the lowboy/dozer setup is that a D6 Or D7 Logging dozer Of l.a county ?

Bulldog

9420pullpan

no it is not a D6 or D7 it is a D8R with a mechanical angle blade and bc of that it has a 2 passenger cab with a hepa filtration system has some sort of fire protection that rolls down over the windows in chance of being caught in a fire, it can with stand a 3000 degree fire. it has aircraft landing lights and kevlar lines. all of this info was given to me from an old demonstrator operator (blade operator) for Cat he was and still is a fireman for LA county. he came to our school and gave a demonstration. he was a graduate of Penn Tech.

9420pullpan

he also showed a video of a 84in smooth drum filled with concrete with a "W" patern welded on it all around i think the steel is a good 1/2 inch wide. it is set up similar to the hand roller found on a tennis court. they attach this drum to an old D8 H/K with two winches on the rear with pulleys going to each side of the dozer blade in the front and the dozer sits at the top of the steep slopes in So Cal and burries the blade and rolls this drum down hills to knock down brush 4-6 in trees and what ever else comes in its path LOL.

they do this supposively to have a controlled burn on the slopes. it is something i would love to see in action. but i dont have any pics of this..