• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Landpride PR25-72 Disassembly

redneckracin

Occupation
Civil Engineer
Greetings all,

I am currently working on replacing a seal on my Landpride PR 25-72 and I am having some trouble getting the bar out of the drive leg and idler leg. 1704281091908.png

I have the set screws on the collars completely removed and I am waiting on snap ring pliers to show up in the mail to be able to remove the bearing on the drive leg side. I cannot get any movement out of the shaft though. It should be "floating" in the bearings if I am understanding the diagram correctly. I'd appreciate any insight!

Thanks.

redneckracin

Occupation
Civil Engineer
Sounds like I need to get it good and hot and smack the collars with a BFH. Ill give that a try this weekend!

redneckracin

Occupation
Civil Engineer
How big of a fire ?
Shall I pre-dial 9-1 sir ?
The bigger the better right? I have a map gas hand held torch that I am going to give a go at first. IF that doesn't work, I'll have to dig out the acetylene torch I suppose. :) Never hurts to have the phone in hand....

digger doug

Occupation
Thrash-A-Matic designer
The bigger the better right? I have a map gas hand held torch that I am going to give a go at first. IF that doesn't work, I'll have to dig out the acetylene torch I suppose. :) Never hurts to have the phone in hand....
Not in your hand...it will melt, and you'll be busy dropping & rolling.
Plus, who is gonna film all this ?

redneckracin

Occupation
Civil Engineer
so I have a new wrinkle, I got the snap ring out of the groove after I got the right size 90 degree pliers to remove it. There is still no movement on that shaft so I pulled off the cover on the gear case, Lo and behold there was a second "key" in the drive gear.... The OEM square key and what appeared to be a broken off bolt. Currently waiting on some drill bits in the mail to help extract that little bugger...(I broke two in the process of getting it opened up for an easy out to be inserted...

redneckracin

Occupation
Civil Engineer
So here is where I am currently. The collar has the set screw backed all the way off but I am not entirely sure I even needed to do that. The shaft should be smooth all the way through to the gear in the drive case. There is an extra "key" in the gear that I think is a broken off bolt. I attempted to drill it out and after some broken bits, I had to turn to the mail and order some M35 Cobalt drill bits to attempt to drill the 2nd "key" out again.

Attachments

• 20240112_100004.jpg
    20240112_100004.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 3
  • 20240112_100008.jpg
    20240112_100008.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 3