• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Lebherr LR622

craiger

Hello recently picked up a 622 track loader. It did not come with manual so I am wondering what all the lights on the Litronic control board mean? My P with circle around it lights up when driving it and the tractor stops. it will go off and then I am able to move it again.. thoughts? I attached a pic of the console.

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    675 KB · Views: 14

craiger

Thanks- I have the parking brake lever disengaged, and the light turns off, then when starting to move it will turn on and the machine will stop. faulty switch on parking break lever common?

craiger

Yes correct- see attached pic that happens. That light is red and the parking light and the pic of a guy is orange.

Attachments

• Pic.jpg
    Pic.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 14

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
The transistor looking light indicates there is an electronic fault. That takes special software called CEP12 to see what codes are there. If I was to make a guess, I would guess on a pedal sensor or a track motor speed sensor, but don't hold me to it.

craiger

OK thanks. I was doing some more trouble shooting, if I turn the 'person' looking light off with the yellow button on the dash and have no lights on, I can run for a few minutes then I hear a loud CLICK noise and the machine stops- when I look at the console, the transistor light is red, the person light is yellow and the parking light is yellow. I'll see if I can get someone out here to look it over.

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
Did he tell you what codes it has? I find it highly unusual for both the joystick and the TCU to be bad at the same time, unless a short in the joystick somehow fried the TCU.

craiger

No he didn't have equipment to pull any codes, he wanted to replace TCU and then hookup and look for codes. The TCU appears to be working- it just stops due to unknown reason...I am going to run thru and see if I can chase down any wires.

Oliver182 I am not sure what Deere units costs but from what tech said it is not cheap, waiting on shop to get me quote still.

Oliver182

I believe the Deere tcu on a C series is around 8-10,000. Hopefully not the case on the liebherr units.

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
My Liebherr skills are quite rusty these days, but one of the things to check is make sure your park lever is not drifting down while operating. I have seen this before. There should be an adjustment for how stiff the lever operates.

Another possibility is the steering pedals. If there is dirt stuck in them, or they have a rusty hinge mechanism, they cannot return to their at rest position, or if the sensors on those pedals have come out of adjustment or are failing, then that can cause intermittent transmission disengagement.

Also, a faulty speed sensing circuit can cause intermittent transmission disengagement as well.

Unfortunately, the best way to check and adjust those pedals is with the Pedal Test/Adjustment box which only the dealer would have (or should have). They should also have the CEP12 software for pulling codes as well as the diagnostic test box (different than the pedal box) for troubleshooting the transmission circuit (which would include the speed sensors).

craiger

Oliver182.... YUCK- I hope that is not the case!

MG2361- OK will check the parking lever. I don't have steering petals its all joystick. I am wondering about the speed sensing circuit just due to fact that when the wiring light comes on, the slow mode light also comes on. I am trying to get a wiring diagrams from dealer but so far no luck. Do you know where these sensors are- I assume you can get to them from under the cab or are they inside the undercarrage somewhere?

Vetech63--- right?!?!

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
due to fact that when the wiring light comes on
When the lever is lowered, that light is normally on. It should flash once then go out when the lever is raised.

I have only ever worked on pedal steer machines.

I am talking about the track motor speed sensors. They should be under the covers shown below. I would not chase them unless without being sure that is the issue through thorough testing.

LR622.png