• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

leeboy 8515 track wont go forward

808paver

our leeboy 8515 paver went down mid job, the right track wont go forward, but has no problem going in reverse. the left track works fine forward and reverse. a hydraulic mechanic came to look at it but couldnt figure it out. any ideas?? all help is appreciated!!

blacktopper

808, I am new to this board and came across your thread. did you figure out your issue? Im interested because we have blaw know 1510 which is basically the same machine. always looking for info to keep these machines moving. thanks

Vetech63

Check 2 things. The front idler of the non working track. They do fail and can bind the rail into the frame. Also I have had the torque hubs fail. You can attempt to check the oil in the hub, but it's a bitch. The torque hub is a very common failure in the leeboy pavers.

Reactions: DB2

Ryan Reed

our leeboy 8515 paver went down mid job, the right track wont go forward, but has no problem going in reverse. the left track works fine forward and reverse. a hydraulic mechanic came to look at it but couldnt figure it out. any ideas?? all help is appreciated!!
HELP!!! Did you figure this problem out? I'm going through same thing

Vetech63

There is a optimization and calibration procedure for the plus 1 drive system. Is there a status light on the dash and is it blinking?

bkmech

Well if it’s an early 8515 then it’s Mc 200 later 8515s had plus 1 ether way check traction lever potentiometer drive gears. If they are alll plastic it’s early style they split throwing off parameters set up when optimizing