• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

letourneau museum

malcolm

longview texas 2001

Attachments

• letourneau_0007.jpg
    letourneau_0007.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 1,734
  • letourneau.jpg
    letourneau.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 1,566
  • letourneau_0006.jpg
    letourneau_0006.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 2,403

malcolm

some more

note RG in the background

Attachments

• letourneau_0001.jpg
    letourneau_0001.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 1,483
  • letourneau_0002.jpg
    letourneau_0002.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 1,425
  • letourneau_0003.jpg
    letourneau_0003.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 1,618
  • letourneau_0004.jpg
    letourneau_0004.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 1,509
  • letourneau_0005.jpg
    letourneau_0005.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 1,439

surfer-joe

Aren't those some great old machines? I went there every day for a week when I went down to the factory in 1994 for some instructions on the LS1800 and 2300 loaders. Were you able to tour the factory too? Place looks like an 1800's blacksmith shop.

My dad wanted me to attend the university there, but I heard it was a Christian school and about the same time, Vietnam happened, so I spent four years instead learning in the school of hard knocks with our Navy Seabees. Dad knew RG personally, sold him a lot of silicone electrical insulation for many years that he used in his generators and motors. Had nothing but good things to say about him.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Aren't those some great old machines? I went there every day for a week when I went down to the factory in 1994 for some instructions on the LS1800 and 2300 loaders. Were you able to tour the factory too? Place looks like an 1800's blacksmith shop.

My dad wanted me to attend the university there, but I heard it was a Christian school and about the same time, Vietnam happened, so I spent four years instead learning in the school of hard knocks with our Navy Seabees. Dad knew RG personally, sold him a lot of silicone electrical insulation for many years that he used in his generators and motors. Had nothing but good things to say about him.

Hey Joe, I'm going to say something totally unrelated to the thread (sorry for the hijack), but here goes; don't you wish "dad" was still here? I know I do. :eek:

mudmaker

Hey that looks familiar! I graduated from LeTourneau in 98. Hard to believe it has already been 11 years.

malcolm

Hi Surfer joe No I did not get to the factory but saw the domes as we drove by . I spent 6 months in your country in 2001 driving line haul trucks 50 thousand miles and 38 states in 6 months ,But i could not resist an unauthorised trailer disconect to go from the nearest truck stop (i removed part of the trailer brake valve and put it in my pocket so it could not be stolen) .It was a nice texas day as you can see I now wish i had taken better photos the model of the big electric digger was awsome. cheers from down under. malcolm

busdrivernine

Letourneau is about 35 miles South of me really neat to drive by and see them putting some of their new machine through a work out will try to get some pictures if I can catch them testing one .

dirtpusher9

Occupation
blademan
It's about 60 miles N of me. We rehabbed 15 city streets in Longview about 18 years ago and went by the Letourneau plant every day. It was pretty cool to see those huge loaders by the side of the road, moving a big pile of dirt around (quickly).