• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Liebherr 731C blade won’t work

jezow2010

We just got a Liebherr 731c that had the blade chained up. We bought it from a lady who’s husband had passed and with him the knowledge of it went as well. Originally it wouldn’t move but it turns out it just leaked out a ton of hydro fluid from sitting for so long. It seems to move and run just fine but the blade has zero function at all. Any ideas where to start? Also does anyone have a good manual source for these machines?

Welder Dave

If the hyd. reservoir for the blade is full maybe there's a suction leak or collapsed hose. I don't know if it uses a basic valve or some kind pilot or solenoid valve. I'd check if the valve is working and also that the hyd. pump is turning. Maybe a sheared coupling or something.

jezow2010

If the hyd. reservoir for the blade is full maybe there's a suction leak or collapsed hose. I don't know if it uses a basic valve or some kind pilot or solenoid valve. I'd check if the valve is working and also that the hyd. pump is turning. Maybe a sheared coupling or something.
Good idea. I think first I’ll try and get the cab tilted up, have a general look over and then try and see if there is in fact an electrical lockout somewhere.

The machine seems to use pilot hydraulics to the joystick in the cab but on the drive side there is a lockout. There probably is on the blade too I am guessing.