• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Liebherr 954 one track sagging?

steponmebbbboom

hi all,

ive got a liebherr 954 with one track sagging more than the other. Anyone know why one would be sagging noticeably more than the other? there doesnt appear to be much dirt packed into the undercarriage, and i dont see any links worn more than the others. the good side has almost no sag on the top, the other is drooping noticeably.

also, what is the correct track sag as measured from the carrier roller when the track is lifted off the ground? thanks...

stock

Occupation
We have moved on and now were lost....
I checked some manuals I have and they say between 300mm for a 13t to 500mm for a larger machine, might want to check the tensioner on the slack side it may be leaking grease and not holding the tract tension.

Janni

yes this a good advice might want to check the tensioner that has a piston and if it is pitted (chrome) it will not hold grease...so re chrom piston or buy new one and then reseal tensioner as well ........