• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Loaders, Limbers and Roadbuilders.

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
That machine looks real familiar. The cage on the back of the machine is what we were building at the dealer where I worked in 1980. There were a lot of 5400 and 5800 loggers sold in those days.

DCT

Occupation
Logger
Pro pac owns the market in the northeast. Can’t remember the last time I saw a functioning delimber of another brand. They are definitely a high maintenance machine. My biggest complaint is that no 2 are the same and what I mean is that if this is John Deere week they will hack into the wiring and hydraulics wherever is convenient and there is no rhyme or reason behind it. Basically what happens is that the dealer will order the delimber and then pro pac will remove the excavator boom and install the delimber, cab riser, cat walk, etc. then they roughly plumb it up and send it to the dealer who spends days fine tuning it to run efficiently.
I have a 3000 madill with a denharco 4400 stroker on it and it runs most every day in Oregon

Mike L

Occupation
Self employed field mechanic
I think madill and denharco are more of a northwestern thing.

DCT

Occupation
Logger
My old outdated and worn out junk that’s running everyday in Oregon , probably about the last last stroker running in my area.

Attachments

• IMG_0481.jpeg
    IMG_0481.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 37
  • IMG_0464.jpeg
    IMG_0464.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 37
  • IMG_0451.jpeg
    IMG_0451.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 37

Hallback

Occupation
Gyppo tower logger
Has everyone gone to processor heads?
Pierce has sold two new stroke delimber units in the last 3 years. I don't even know why they continue to build them. They were a great machine and I wish more people still used them but the fact of the matter is they're just slower, more complex and take a hell of a lot more room than a dangle head.

skyking1

I saw one of these on a lowboy climbing up out of Vantage slowly. It looked like a heavy load.
Log-Loaders-Caterpillar-558-39968266.jpg

IceHole

Pierce has sold two new stroke delimber units in the last 3 years. I don't even know why they continue to build them. They were a great machine and I wish more people still used them but the fact of the matter is they're just slower, more complex and take a hell of a lot more room than a dangle head.
Work better on crooked logs, at least in my experience. The outift I worked with had an 80s Komatsu 220 setup as a stroke delimber. Worked well for being tired iron.