• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Log yard equipment pictures

72V

Occupation
grader, cat, excavator hack
One thread I haven't seen yet is one devoted exclusively to log yard equipment. Unfortunately, I don't have any digital pictures handy to show off. How about IH 560's, Wagner stackers, KW-Dart stackers, Letourneau stackers, Cat 988B's, rail and pedestal mounted cranes, other high-decking cranes, sorting loaders and shovels, conveyor systems, Terex 72-71's, Komatsu WA-600's, export yards, on-site mill trucks, reloads, brow logs, etc, etc.

Contract Logger

Occupation
Equipment Broker
OK, I'll bite.
Here are some random sort yard shots, very random.

Attachments

• Cat 235B and Cat 988B.jpg
    Cat 235B and Cat 988B.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 2,099
  • LeTourno Stackers.jpg
    LeTourno Stackers.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 2,177
  • Caterpillar 235 W Long Young Boom.jpg
    Caterpillar 235 W Long Young Boom.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 2,420
  • barge5.jpg
    barge5.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 2,127
Last edited:

72V

Occupation
I was just at Valley Junction and wish I had taken pics of the tower-crane with grapples!

You mean the Coastal Fibre chip mill? They've got a pretty high deck going around right now... it amazes me that it doesn't collapse sometimes.

southview

How about a few shots from a few months ago from when my dozer boat sank and we riggedupo a gyppo skyline to lift it back from the watery grave....

Attachments

• IMG00141.jpg
    IMG00141.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 2,046
  • IMG00144.jpg
    IMG00144.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 2,030
  • IMG00145.jpg
    IMG00145.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 2,035

southview

And the refloating....

Attachments

• IMG00149.jpg
    IMG00149.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 2,022
  • IMG00148.jpg
    IMG00148.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 2,037
  • IMG00146.jpg
    IMG00146.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 1,999

72V

Occupation
FWD Wagner LJ330

Here's the smallest Wagner I've ever seen...

It has a bucket on it, but the forks are still around.

Attachments

• WagnerLJ130a.jpg
    WagnerLJ130a.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 1,859
  • WagnerLJ130b.jpg
    WagnerLJ130b.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 1,852
  • WagnerLJ130c.jpg
    WagnerLJ130c.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 1,771
  • WagnerLJ130d.jpg
    WagnerLJ130d.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 1,764

alleyoop

Occupation
I am the house forman but dont tell her that
Hey i know those two guys that one guy is Alleyoop on here.

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
That Wagner looks so old that they probably used water pipe for hydraulic fittings.

I've never seen one that small. What size tires, who's engine and transmission? It looks like you found a gold mine of old equipment.

Good Luck!

72V

Occupation
I don't think they're doing much anymore. Walsh hauls all the chips out of Willamina Lmbr Co and has for quite a while. Do you work for a commmunications outfit?

72V

Occupation
That Wagner looks so old that they probably used water pipe for hydraulic fittings.

I've never seen one that small. What size tires, who's engine and transmission? It looks like you found a gold mine of old equipment.

Good Luck!
Yes, it seems to be pretty old. We think it's small Cummins engine, but weren't ambitious enough to look when we were there. I'll check out all that stuff when I get back there next time. Thanks, John.

72V

Occupation
Here's a nice little video of a Wagner L70 on Youtube. It probably has a NH250 Cummins in it. L70's had a "Carriage Extend" feature that I'm not sure that the other ones had. It operated like a big bellcrank between the boom and the fork frame, that moved the the whold works out another couple feet when you needed it.

YouTube - L70

JeremyM70

Occupation
Electronics Tech
I don't think they're doing much anymore. Walsh hauls all the chips out of Willamina Lmbr Co and has for quite a while. Do you work for a commmunications outfit?

Yeah I drove thru Willamina last fall and didn't see their yard anymore in town and saw a few mills in the area all closed down too :(

I used to work for a two way shop that did alot of work in the valley from Portland to Eugene. Logging to trucking to farming to mills and everything in between. I now work for a local govt agency doing similar work, plus do some occasional side work.

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
Glad to hear of the antique will go to a museum and not the gas axe.

Way back when I worked for Howard Cooper Corp. we got one or two L 90s or a L120 in the shop over the winter to rebuild. Those machines would go down to bare frame. The frames and booms would get all the cracks welded and lots of plate reinforcement. All the cylinders got rebuilt, air and hydraulic lines replaced, engines, transmissions and torque converter rebuilt. The finals and differentials got rebuilt as well as the steering axles. Those things would keep three men busy for a month or more.

Too bad all the money went out of logging.