• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Long Range Weather Forecasts

dryday

Long Range Weather Forecasts

Weather plays a significant role in the in achieving your contracted completion date.
Some trades and tasks are more weather sensitive than others. Having the ability to develop a schedule with weather sensitive tasks being completed during dry periods can be the difference between a completing project on target and liquidated damages.
dryday provides a consistent advantage over planning on your own.
Over the past ten years, contractors using dryday have planned with significant odds on their side with accuracy up to 85%.

Optimizing your schedule around Weather
Now when you nail down a new construction project and begin to layout your schedule, you can add potentially wet periods (Risky Days) into your schedule. With this understanding you can adjust the most weather-sensitive portion of your schedule to occur during the forecasted drier periods.

Planning on your own puts you at additional risk
Right now when you lay out a Critical Path, you can’t even add a weather factor. You could be scheduling the most weather-sensitive portion of the project right in the middle of a forecasted “Risky” period. You have zero odds on your side.

Why planning on your own puts you at a disadvantage and why media forecasts don’t help.
  • Media forecast that continuously change their 3-10 day forecast
  • Other long term weather predictions that use Climatology (historical averages) to predict the weather
The dryday forecast system uses exact calculations of a number of forces that have been proven, to be acting upon our weather at an exact date in the future, at an exact location on earth.

Take a look and let me know if there are any additional features (data) that would be helpful or if you have any questions. Per the rules of this forum, this will be my only thread I post but I can answer any questions that you may have.

Chris Ruch
dryday.com

Here are a few samples for Anaheim, California in 2015.

Anaheim March 2015.JPGAnaheim March Graph 2015.jpg

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
Per the rules of this forum, this will be my only thread I post but I can answer any questions that you may have.

:eek:

That's the most remarkable thing that's happened all year!

More seriously, thanks for bothering to check out the rules first, and welcome to HEF. :)

But also seriously, I'm kinda skeptical...