• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Looking for Dayton 15" Split ring Wheels...

MArn

I have a 1979 Grt. Dane trailer with 15" Dayton Split rim wheels. I run 8.25 R 15 tires on the trailer. Desperatly need a replacement rim and have not been able to find... any suggestions or ideas?

tireman

They are still out there.Short of a new one, check with commercial tire dealers, then check truck/equipment bone-yards or look around for an old contractor or farmer with an old lowboy in a field.Caution!!!Just because you find one with a lock-ring, that DOES NOT mean that they go together.Have them checked for compatibility.Not all lock-rings work with all rim bases.Mismatching them is the way people get hurt.

MArn

15" Dayton split rims needed!

Thanks "tireman"! I have not been able to source these new... and so far my search in bone-yards has been in vain.... I'm hoping for someone out there to read this and let me know they have one out in their "back 40"! Also... thanks for the safety reminder!

They are still out there.Short of a new one, check with commercial tire dealers, then check truck/equipment bone-yards or look around for an old contractor or farmer with an old lowboy in a field.Caution!!!Just because you find one with a lock-ring, that DOES NOT mean that they go together.Have them checked for compatibility.Not all lock-rings work with all rim bases.Mismatching them is the way people get hurt.

kheeres

Occupation
Marketing
Hi,
Any part numbers on the rim or flange? Like B6515LW or R6515LW? Tube type rim?

kheeres

Occupation
Marketing
I got what you need.

Found numbers stamped on two of the Rims...

Firestone
15X7.0

15X6.5LW

We have the flange, R6515LWE in stock in our Rome, GA 30161 warehouse. $42.71 each. Wt. 10 Lbs.
Rim is B6515LWDE, $243.92 each. Only 2 available. Wt. 27 Lbs each.

Can UPS if you have an account or we can ship to you.

Interested?
Keith

divedigger

8.25 x 15

I found this old thread while looking for 15" split rims. Do you still have any? I could use 6-8 of them. Thanks

Yes I have 8 with bad tires still mtd on wheels and probably 5 or 6 more that will go also,just send me a Phone # and I will call you Thanks

jumbo48

Sorry, divedigger...I'm new to this forum. Just wanted to make sure I replied in correct spot. My phone number is 847 561 5407. My name is Phil

jumbo48

divedigger,
Still waiting to hear from you....phone number is 847 561 5407. Give me a call. Looking forward to a road trip. Haven't been down your way since the Bristol Nascar Summer race back in '07. Looking forward to talking to you...just not sure if you're getting these messages.

Construct'O

Occupation
Dozerwork,tiling plus many more!!!!!!!
I think i might have 8 not sure been awhile.I might need to keep one for spare.We'll see if your other man comes throw first.

Construct'O

Occupation
Dozerwork,tiling plus many more!!!!!!!
construct'o i need 8.25x15 6 lug split rims for trailer if have any email me asc@cut.net

The rims i have was not like the one my other guy wanted.He wanted some that actually split in the middle of the rim in two pieces.

The ones that i call split rims is a complete rim with a retainer ring then has a locking ring that hold the retainer attacthed to the rim and hold the tire on.Thus the type of split rim i have.They are 15 inch rims that you can run 8.25,9.00 ot 10.00 size tires on.They are on a three axile Hyster lowboy.I'm using 10.00 size tires now ,but they had 9.00 when i got the lowboy.