• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Looking for Dayton 15" Split ring Wheels...

paulda

The rims i have are 15x6.5 or 7.0 6 1/2" pilot hole, 6 lug bud nut, straight across measurement on lugs is 8 3/4" center to center. Two piece split rim from your explanation i am gaining that yours are 3 piece split rim. I don't know if it is possible to post a picture if possible could you do so? Thanks

watglen

Occupation
Farmer, drainage and excavating contractor, Farm d
I'm having the same issues here.

I have a float with 10.00R15 bias ply tires, 15" split rims, a 4" wide spacer ring, all held together with 6 wedge clamps on 6 studs. I'm pretty sure the setup was completely standard 40 years ago.

I blew a tire a while back, and since the tire was unavailable, the dealer upgraded me to 11R17.5 radials, on a special sumitomo rim that fits on the original hub.

Problem: the 4" spacer ring allows the tires to touch. Dealers tell me there is no wider ring available. 4" is the widest.

Any ideas?

This seems to be a topic where pictures are worth a lot. Wish I had one handy.

Ken

Kelly Maples

Does anyone have anymore of these 15 in split ring wheels? I am needing one for an '85 lowboy I have with dayton style hubs. Mounting 8.25x15 tires on them.
Thanks

1693TA

Occupation
FAA Radar Engineer, (Retired)
How much of a hurry are you? I have eight and I'm wanting to move to the newer style rims/tires on my trailer at some point but wasn't planning till first 1/4 of the new year. I've already purchased the tubeless tires, but not the rims as haven't found a favorable price on them yet.

Mario Cortez

How much of a hurry are you? I have eight and I'm wanting to move to the newer style rims/tires on my trailer at some point but wasn't planning till first 1/4 of the new year. I've already purchased the tubeless tires, but not the rims as haven't found a favorable price on them yet.

Hello 1693TA,
Are you still going to be replacing the older rims? Do they look like these?
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Rqg_OUYy-WTiaC_kCru6oU0PIrpCKyK0

I have a customer who is interested in them.

Tyler Lawson

Wow thanks! Yeah I was looking for something like this to replace my wheels with. Others have mentioned it here but no one sent me a link. Thank you.

Tyler Lawson

I was able to get the ring for my 15” rims. I need to save up some money before swapping out 8 wheels for the 17.5” wheels.

FWD

No problem. I had a 20 ton Towmaster tag trailer that had those type of wheels. I bought a spare tire and rim and I think it was used once. In 2006 I bought am Eager Beaver 25 ton trailer that had the same size tires, but hub pilot wheels, so I bought another rim and took the tire off and put it on the new rim. That's why I have the rim. Hope someone can use it some day.
FWD

charles walton

No problem. I had a 20 ton Towmaster tag trailer that had those type of wheels. I bought a spare tire and rim and I think it was used once. In 2006 I bought am Eager Beaver 25 ton trailer that had the same size tires, but hub pilot wheels, so I bought another rim and took the tire off and put it on the new rim. That's why I have the rim. Hope someone can use it some day.
FWD
I am interested in the rim if it's Dayton style.

Hugothor

Hello All,
I am in need of the 15" Dayton style rims also, I have a Miller Tilt Table with the 15x6 rims (part #B6015TSD), I tried the 17.5x6.75 rims but the offset did not work & hit on the walking beam frame

Does anyone still happen to have any 15" available ?

Toborn

I was able to get the ring for my 15” rims. I need to save up some money before swapping out 8 wheels for the 17.5” wheels.
Where did you find the 15" rings? Mine are the 3 piece. Can you send me info to get some?

Attachments

• 95B04A1D-49D9-433E-8AD9-134C84B46D3E.jpeg
    95B04A1D-49D9-433E-8AD9-134C84B46D3E.jpeg
    6.3 MB · Views: 5