• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Looking for knowledge!

mikmacik

We have a 2014 924k loader, and heard a pop behind left side of seat by the computer diagnostic plug in. Started on fire and burnt through panel in cab. Hit master kill switch. pulled panel, and wires are going into a black box. What is it? Its melted and I have no idea, yet still operates, drives, runs great. Has fault codes, have not ran them yet. Thanks Mike

ahart

A couple things, give us a serial number to work with so we can provide accurate information. Secondly, I think a photo would go a long way on this one. Oh yea, welcome to HEF, a lot of knowledge here to capitalize on.

mikmacik

A couple things, give us a serial number to work with so we can provide accurate information. Secondly, I think a photo would go a long way on this one. Oh yea, welcome to HEF, a lot of knowledge here to capitalize on.
thank u!!!

ahart

I can smell the electrical smoke from here. Part that is burn up is the 12/24 flasher assembly, PN 380-1887

mikmacik

The 12/24 converter is the 340-7161
So you have way more knowledge on this than I do, from your expertise I will most likely need both parts? Just trying to get educated what it does, if I can still run machine, or what might shirt might cause it to start on fire, so I don’t just replace the part and it happens again. Thanks for any response!!

ahart

I think there’s a lot of wiring there that needs opened up and examined closely. I’ve never personally seen the flasher relay melt down like that and have no idea what would cause one to do so. Take a look at the heavy red wire going to the cab relay and make sure it hasn’t shorted somewhere in that vicinity.