• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Looking to buy a log champ yarder, is this engine exportable?

THI

He doesn’t have the machine. I have been talking to Carey about the details of moving and transport. It’s the 80 that went down there from the factory. The landowner I work for wants a taller tube to tackle some big holes but doesn’t have a great road system. We currently have a couple 70s so having similar drum sets and same rigging seemed like a good idea.

Hallback

Occupation
Gyppo tower logger
He doesn’t have the machine. I have been talking to Carey about the details of moving and transport. It’s the 80 that went down there from the factory. The landowner I work for wants a taller tube to tackle some big holes but doesn’t have a great road system. We currently have a couple 70s so having similar drum sets and same rigging seemed like a good idea.
I've got a TY-80 for you If you're interested in it, it's got a tilting cab and is in good shape.
Just finished up a job with it last week

THI

I've got a TY-80 for you If you're interested in it, it's got a tilting cab and is in good shape.
Just finished up a job with it last week
I am interested. Would like to know more.i will shoot you a message with my contact info so we don’t have to clog up the forum.

Hallback

Occupation
Gyppo tower logger
Found a 124B in NZ. It'll be coming up for sale in the next few weeks and I'll have more info and price by then.

THI

Found a 124B in NZ. It'll be coming up for sale in the next few weeks and I'll have more info and price by then.
awesome! Hope it comes together. I was told the RORO shipping might pick back up in the spring from NZ. Just sucks to wait for that. I am headed up in the morning to check out the machine you told me about. Thanks again!

Hallback

Occupation
Gyppo tower logger
awesome! Hope it comes together. I was told the RORO shipping might pick back up in the spring from NZ. Just sucks to wait for that. I am headed up in the morning to check out the machine you told me about. Thanks again!
Nice!

Dom

Purchase Orders are a legal document in Canada. But they are often treated as a invitation to negotiation. Keep us informed Hallback ( if you can) on the outcome.

Hallback

Occupation
Gyppo tower logger
Purchase Orders are a legal document in Canada. But they are often treated as a invitation to negotiation. Keep us informed Hallback ( if you can) on the outcome.
I will for sure Dom, this isn't going to go away or get swept under the rug. I'm sick and tired of the little guy always being walked on and taken advantage of because they think we won't do anything about it.

Welder Dave

I just found out today the axles the auction gave away for $10, the trailer shop next door to where they came from would have bid up $800ea. for them but never got the chance. I had a reserve on them the idiot never even looked at. They were unused 10K torsion axles with hyd. brakes. The backing plates and brakes were worth $250 a side. The complete axles were worth about $3500. I wish I would have known the other shop was interested when I went to find out how the axles were basically stolen. I should have insisted they get the axles back or gone straight to court. No excuse at all for a screw up like this, none! Even their list had them highlighted as having a reserve price.

Last edited:

Old Growth

I just found out today the axles the auction gave away for $10, the trailer shop next door to where they came from would have bid up $800ea. for them but never got the chance. I had a reserve on them the idiot never even looked at. They were unused 10K torsion axles with hyd. brakes. The backing plates and brakes were worth $250 a side. The complete axles were worth about $3500. I wish I would have known the other shop was interested when I went to find out how the axles were basically stolen. I should have insisted they get the axles back or gone straight to court. No excuse at all for a screw up like this, none! Even their list had them highlighted as having a reserve price.

Are these log champ yarder axles?

Hallback

Occupation
Gyppo tower logger
I got a call yesterday afternoon on my way back from Idaho that this log champ 550 is back up for sale now. Evidently the man that purchased it got his quota cut by 50% for 2024 and his paid for 120 is repaired by insurance. I'm waiting to see what his price on it is and if he's going to try to pull something shifty

Hallback

Occupation
Gyppo tower logger
I should have said the 120 that he crashed off the lowbed was repaired and paid for by insurance.