• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Low coolant temp?

Johndeere120

Sorry got busy yesterday. Serial number is

T0310JX167489

Coolant bypass is silver.

I did look on it when I got it I didn't see any temp on it only a part number. Maybe if I call they can tell me what it is

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
Your machine serial indicates that the cab heat PIP was a fix as fail PIP for your machine and that it was never performed. Unfortunately that PIP has expired. The bypass needs to be updated to the newer one.

Also, make sure the AC/Heat switch is not in the AC position.

Check your messages.

Johndeere120

Your machine serial indicates that the cab heat PIP was a fix as fail PIP for your machine and that it was never performed. Unfortunately that PIP has expired. The bypass needs to be updated to the newer one.

Also, make sure the AC/Heat switch is not in the AC position.

Check your messages.
I figured it was something with that bypass. I been meaning to post an update as I planned on using the machine a few weeks ago but ended up not needing it. Used it today coolant hit 157 was almost 90 where I'm at. I have the gun I bought to shoot the actual temp will do it once it's back to my yard. And to clarify you do mean the bypass I was talking about on top of the radiator? It's the only one I'm aware of

Johndeere120

Yes, it is mounted directly over the fan just behind the radiator.
Okay yeah I called John deere about that when I posted this to see if they had it. 300 bucks but hopefully it'll fix it. I'll post an update might be a few weeks leaving for vacation next week. Thank you

NH575E

Occupation
Retired Machinist
What is the point of the bypass? Did previous or newer models have it? Could you eliminate it?

Johndeere120

What is the point of the bypass? Did previous or newer models have it? Could you eliminate it?
I was wondering that too. I'm sure someone else will chime in on what it does exactly but I'm going to say the older ones didn't? I ran a 310SE for some time and those hoods were so annoying but don't remember ever seeing one but I could be wrong.