• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

LRG-425 won’t start

Msh2

I have a generator that is powered be an LRG-425i. Build date is 1/10/1999. Carbureted.
Runs in propane.
It wasn’t starting and we hired a mechanic to service it. Did a tune up - new plugs, wires, oil filter, air filter. Checked the radiator. It was low - the jacketed heater was too hot and the water boiled off over time. We turned the heater off.
Replaced the electronic interface.
Engine still won’t start.
It tries to start on the first go around - that is I can hear it cough a couple of times and I can smell propane. The second and third try, it just cranks. No coughing. No propane smell.
Check for sparks. 1-3 had spark. #4 did not. Replaced coil - even though the resistance readings seemed to indicate it was ok. New coil only had 9K ohms between stacks. Should be 14K. It didn’t work. Don’t think it was putting out the right voltage.
Engine coolant temp sensor read 11K ohms. Should have been 95K. Got a new one. It also read 21K. ???
Propane tank is at 50% (400 gal).
Solenoid is energizing.
Any ideas on where I can go from here.
I did order another coil - this time a Motorcraft.

tool_king

Occupation
road mechanic owner
I will look in my service book .If you would like a copy .I can email it to you.