• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Massey Ferguson 300 Crawler

mr.horsepower

Hi All,
Can any one help with parts or know where you can get parts for a Massey Ferguson 300 Crawler?

Regards

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Massey, Case and IH are all one big somewhat unhappy family now, I would check with the closest Case Construction dealer.

mitch504

Nope, Massey isn't part of Case New Holland. Massey Ferguson ag tractors are part of Agco. There are still active Massey Ferguson dealers, but I don't know if they support those dozers or not. If they don't, try http://www.minnpar.com/

good luck

on edit; I looked, minnpar supports Hanomag/ Massey stuff, which I think covers those dozers. I'd call them 800-889-3382

Last edited:

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
I suspect not as AGCO does not support Allis construction machines where CNH does use and has parts for my old machine also once part of the FA family. Many of Minnpar parts for me come in CNH packaging.

Last edited:

mitch504

It sure is hard to say who supports what anymore. So many companies and parts of companies were traded from one conglomerate to another until we settled on near useless CNH, which is owned by Fiat, which bought the construction side of Allis Chalmers, and made Fiat Allis.

I'm pretty sure the MF 300 was made by Hanomag, and minnpar claims Hanomag/Massey. For the stuff I've tried (A-W mostly) Minnpar hasn't been great, but they do have a lot nobody else does.

I hope Mr Horsepower lets us know who does support them, for general interest, and because a friend just bought one.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Could use the same info, neighbor owns one in somewhat derelict but running shape, a 226? I believe.

mr.horsepower

Thank you all,
I have already emailed Minnpar. Keeping fingers crossed.

I brought my MF 300 crawler from the owner that brought it new. Within the last 10 years he had motor rebuilt, new track chains, grouser plates, front idlers, rear sprocket & both hydraulic pumps & was doing only 20-30 hours of work a year.
Since I brought it I have re-conditioned radiator, changed it over to a alternator power, new gauges & wiring, made up new rubber engine mounts. It's running excellent now! Just got lots of oil leaks to work on next.

Dapperdan16

Hi Mr. horsepower, any chance of you posting some pictures of your MF 300 crawler? I'd love to see it, also, maybe try posting in the old iron section on the forum, someone there may know of a source for parts, " just a guess, not sure if it's old enough" might be a stupid question, but did you ask the guy you bought it from where he got parts for it?
Danny

Welder Dave

The MF300 was designed in Detroit and made by the MF Industrial and Construction Machinery Division (ICM) in Italy. The Hanomag MF's didn't come until about 1975/76 when MF bought Hanomag but they were the larger 600 and 700 series. Some users have said the MF crawlers and excavators were ahead of their time.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
If willing to check in the states, Try General Gear Boise ID or Zimmerman Tractor of Versailles MO.

Welder Dave

No, not all MF construction equipment ran Perkins. Most of the smaller stuff did but there a few exceptions and the Hanomag machines and larger wheel loaders used different engines.

Tones

Occupation
Ex land clearing contractor, part-time retired
No, not all MF construction equipment ran Perkins. Most of the smaller stuff did but there a few exceptions and the Hanomag machines and larger wheel loaders used different engines.
All the MF stuff I ever saw including the 100,200,300 and 400 dozer/loaders,wheel loaders, backhoe of the same era (30 I think), 450 excavator all Perkins powered. Hanomag being of German origins would have used Deutz or similar. So when Hanomag took over is probably when all the model numbers changed to 4 digits.

JimInOz

MF 300 Drott Brochure.jpg
MF Industrial parts are tough to find anywhere.The tractor/Ag dealers usually won't/cannot help.
I know the 300,200 & 2244 were sold in UK,Australia,Canada & maybe the USA.But when the Industrial side went bad in the 80s ,parts dried up.
There was a company- maybe St Josephs Equipment -that might have dealt with them at some point.
Dismantlers are your best bet...especially in Europe.
John@ General Gear Idaho ,supplies new steering parts.I imagine the Perkins engine parts are available,as is track gear.
They were made from 1970 to maybe early 80s.My uncle bought one (Loader) new in 73.

Jim

Last edited:

Baldrick

Hi all. I am new to this sight and see some old posts about Hanomag ? Massey Ferguson 300 crawlers, but am wondering if anyone has found a good source for spare parts recently. I have just purchased one an need fuel and hydraulic tank as they have rusted away after years sitting outside by sea. Any help would be appreciated.

Welder Dave

Would probably have to weld up new fuel and hyd. tanks. I'd be worried about other components being too rusted to be operational. On another forum an owner who had 3 or 4 MF300's said they were ahead of their time and better than newer models put out by Cat, JD and other's. He also had an MF450S excavator that he couldn't find a fault with anything but sadly lost it in a shop fire. He said all the MF industrial machines were ahead of their time. My former neighbor purchased a couple MF450S excavators new in 1969 and 1970 and said they were one of the 1st really advanced excavators. He purchased a few more used units over the years too. He put about 30,000 hours on one of them.

JimInOz

PHIL HUNT PARTS in Tamworth ,Australia is about the only wrecker of MF Industrial I know.
In NZ,I think Eagle Spares would have helped in the past.

There is the odd MF discussion comes up on the CMN forums.