• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

MDI / Yutani controls help

matts4x4

I recently bought a Yutani 140B LC and I believe it is the same as a Kobelco 120. I have figured out most controls and settings so far but having trouble on one.

My question is about the run settings on the dial control. It is labeled clockwise, starting from the left, 10 o'clock I,S,C,D. Could someone please tell me what these are for and if the distribute hydraulics to different areas or just another adjustment for the engine?

Also is the display screen just suppose to cycle through the different systems if everything is OK?

Thanks,
Matt

MR. KOBELCO

Resigned
Occupation
PARTS & SERVICE MGR. AMOUNG OTHER HATS @ KOBELCO D
normally on a yutani/kobelco
the mode select switch is usually labelled as H, S, FC, D
H = heavy work mode (full engine rpm)
S = standrad work mode (lesser engine rpm's)
FC = fine controls (less engine rpm and the pumps get cut as well thru a pilot line signal which is the pilot hose coming from the fc pilot on/off solenoid dcv and runs over into the hyd pump compartment to the tee'd hyd ftg on the one hyd pump regulator and the other end of tee joins up the other regulator 90 degree hyd ftg.
D = INDEPENDENT TRAVEL
this splits the pumps
P1 runs the upper boom, arm, bucket
P2 runs both tracks
in D mode you are 1/2 hyd speed
this is used for craning a load as so when travelling and moving the upper at the same time the load does not start to swing on you

your display should not cycle thru all the codes
if all is okay
usually you will see displayed
OKAY
MONITOR SYSTEM OK
or with newer models " the time/clock "
usually when these codes cycle indicates poor voltage feeding power to computers
C-2 controller
found in the left hand console behind the side panel
check your battery connections, cables, grounds, and load test batteries
also check your alternator
charging 27-28 dcv

matts4x4

Thanks

Thanks Mr. Kobelco,

That is as thorough of an answer I could have asked for. I appreciate the time it took to write it out. The dial control is so worn and marked up your anser makes since, I just can't read it and as for the display I will start running some checks on it and trouble shooting.

I bought it and needed it right away to fix my drive way and to fill in some major low spots in front of the shop just to get a vehicle in.

Right now I am just a ranch owner and bought it for work around here having never sat in the seat of an excavator before. I bought a dozer a few years ago in the same situation. I am enjoying every minute getting to work on them and run them every chance I get.

Thanks again,
Matt

matts4x4

Another Question

Another question if someone doesn't mind.

After running the excavator for awhile in not extreme conditions. I have noticed the engine starts bogging down under a load, to the point it will stall out and die. At the beginning of the day you can not stall it, but as the engine gets warmer and works awhile it gets easier to to the point a little load seems to almost kill it.

Any idea what might be happening here?

I kept looking back last time I ran it to see if it black smoked when stalling and this is not the case. Have not put anyone watching the motor yet though while placing it in a bind.

MR. KOBELCO

Resigned
Occupation
your problem is likely due to o-rings of which have gone hard and are leaking by internally in the hyd pumps regulator blocks.
once the hyd warms up the engine will load more for the hyd pumps flows increase instead of compensating back to allow the engine rpm's to stay up and not stall/bog down.
if you call me i can explain the ins and outs on how to quickly determine this and once you have purchased the 6 kobelco o-rings (3 per regulator) i can explain how you can replace.
i suggest you do not attempt until we have chatted.
your machine also has a computer - C-1,
which is the grey electrical box bolted to the back of the r/h console.
i can have you listen for a particular sound it should make to ensure that the sub board
on the main pcb is operating as should.
this computer can also be removed from the machine and powered with 2 12vdc batteries as 24 vdc and output to pump solenoid "pf" checked for proper supply voltage.
there should be an electric solenoid working on or with the pumps in the pump compartment. make sure it is plugged in.
sometimes the wires get pulled off.
also, untop engine to the back by counterweight there is a throttle potentiometer.
make sure all 3 wires are attached and have not broke away.
when we talk i ncan send you by e-mail the proper setups for these based on your serial number.
140blc, YP0-#### or YPU-####
does your machine have counterweight lights?

MR. KOBELCO

Resigned
Occupation
to reach me work phone# 905-888-9070
home# 905-697-9626
no extension, just have me paged.
ask for adam.

matts4x4

Thanks

Thanks again Adam for the information. If it is ok with you I will give you a call Monday. I don't wont to bug you on the weekend. All this information is very useful and I really do appreciate the time you are spending answering my questions.

Thanks,
Matt

MR. KOBELCO

Resigned
Occupation
sure no problem.
better time to call is 10am eastern time
thanks Adam.