• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Memories for us old truckers

Truck Shop

That's--WHITE Velvet ride suspension, Not surprised. White owned Freightliner in those years,
so it was a option offered by White.
Notice the dark rivets on the right hand side of radiator opening. Typical for those, it means
those rivets are loose from tunnel or issues with cracked engine tunnel.

Truck Shop

Have a set of jakes to rebuild for a friend on his Pete tow truck-only one problem
parts/tune-up kit is no longer available from Jacobs for 349A jakes used on
B model Cats. Which is toooooooo bad because the 349 was Jacobs Super Jake
for B models, more complicated and created higher oil pressure within the jake
using the exhaust rocker forcing the master piston up creating high pressure to
the built in oil plenum to activate the slave piston. The 349 had about 35% more
efficiency in brake hp.
So now I get to remove and rebuilt a set of P36 Pacbrake models, and move all
components from one B to the other.
Jacobs has discontinued several kits for Cummins also, you can't get anything for
the Jacobs 401 models, offered on BCIV's you have to spend about $3,800 to
up grade to 425 model jakes.

stinky64

Occupation
big truck wrench/fixer of things
That's--WHITE Velvet ride suspension, Not surprised. White owned Freightliner in those years,
so it was a option offered by White.
Notice the dark rivets on the right hand side of radiator opening. Typical for those, it means
those rivets are loose from tunnel or issues with cracked engine tunnel.
Did CF ever own the FLR corporation ? Used to hear stories from the old timers about Corn Flake owning the brand then the feds making them spin it off because of some monopoly thing on the industry? We did own the company that made most of our trailers RSI- Road Systems Inc. ,I'm sure most truck enthusiasts have seen them at equipment auctions, fellers buying brand new pups at an auction in lots to scrap.:confused:

Truck Shop

Freightliner was a division of Consolidated Freightways started by Leland James the founder.
And yes Freightliner built some very early conventional trucks, some were shop built and
some were called Arrows-built by Arrow tank lines. The red Arrow is my photo, only a few
exist. This one sets in La Grande Ore.

307038719_552524493295064_4079509485466962025_n.jpgfreightliner_conventional_autohis.ru.jpg286996582_2261502817358601_2221354260817377578_n.jpg

petepilot

Old Doug

I had a 72 Ford high boy. I liked it a lot drove good and rode good it had every thing to look like a good 4x4. It had one big problem it looked like a 4x4 pickup but it was the most helpless thing i ever owned . It sat up high and had a lot of spring travel . Put a load of wood in the bed and the rear would drop 18". The spring problem could have been fixed but its getting stuck problem was another thing.

Coaldust

Occupation
Cargo Tanks, ULSD, RUG, Methanol, LPG
Here is a classic that’s still working hard everyday. She is packing a classic Clough Equipment Co Mc 306 2800 gallon tank. Serial # T-1441. Just finished performing an VKIP on it.

I love the styling of the old tanks. F4F2AB60-91A8-4BD2-934D-D82BC386252C.jpeg