• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

MF 300 track loader not moving

javelin62

Just recently bought a Massey Ferguson 300 track loader got it running will not move power shift transmission,checked the pump to the transmission, it’s in working order, no fluid coming to it Looks like in the parts Manual it has another pump assembly for the converter. Was wondering if anybody on here had dealt with these and if they might have filter or screen down in the pan.

Dave Neubert

Parts are virtually nonexistent for these If you can get a service manual then you can check pressures but you will ever find a pump or any transmission parts for this machine. Look in your parts manual and see if it has a screen

Welder Dave

Do a Google search. I seem to recall someone having a similar problem with an MF crawler. They were a good machine in their day but other than the engine parts are very scarce or non existent and I don't think anyone makes undercarriage for them anymore. Last I read undercarriage might be available in Australia but that was several years ago.

javelin62

recently went down found the sump line to the pump leaking replaced line, started crawler up,It will move about 6 inches then stop going to reverse, the track moves again and stop. I tried it also with steering clutches applied about half travel, then all the way down didn’t same to change anything.

Welder Dave

It won't move with the steering clutches engaged which is typically when the pedals are pressed half way.

Welder Dave

If it moved even a little I'd say yes. If the brakes were locked it wouldn't move at all. It might help if you could jack the machine up on blocks to see if you can get the tracks to move with only a light load on them.

hseII

Just recently bought a Massey Ferguson 300 track loader got it running will not move power shift transmission,checked the pump to the transmission, it’s in working order, no fluid coming to it Looks like in the parts Manual it has another pump assembly for the converter. Was wondering if anybody on here had dealt with these and if they might have filter or screen down in the pan.
Where are you located?

hseII

If it moved even a little I'd say yes. If the brakes were locked it wouldn't move at all. It might help if you could jack the machine up on blocks to see if you can get the tracks to move with only a light load on them.
This.

hseII

so if this thing is running, are the brakes free?
The reason I’m asking, I have a friend in Jamestown, Tennessee who has one of these loaders.

The engine is spent but the rest of the machine is operable- it may be in your interest to buy his machine & fix yours with his parts as those machines aren’t supported anymore.

javelin62

Sorry, just now seeing this hadn’t been on here for a while. Still waiting to get the machine home before I do any more work work to it. but last time I fooled with it would move about a foot forward, and then backwards and stop, last time I fooled with it I could only get a small little trickle of fluid when cracking the line with the gauge in the dash. And the only way I could get that to happen is to put Vaseline in the pump, so I’d say the pump is toast or seal leaking inside. I’m in Shepherdsville Kentucky I’d be interested in parts off of that other machine or maybe the whole thing if you could give me his contact number . thanks in advance.

hseII

Sorry, just now seeing this hadn’t been on here for a while. Still waiting to get the machine home before I do any more work work to it. but last time I fooled with it would move about a foot forward, and then backwards and stop, last time I fooled with it I could only get a small little trickle of fluid when cracking the line with the gauge in the dash. And the only way I could get that to happen is to put Vaseline in the pump, so I’d say the pump is toast or seal leaking inside. I’m in Shepherdsville Kentucky I’d be interested in parts off of that other machine or maybe the whole thing if you could give me his contact number . thanks in advance.

PM sent.