• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Missing Oil Fill Cap

HardRockNM

Occupation
Miner
IMG_20240324_212958.jpg
Pretty much exactly what it says on the tin. I think I loosened it with my boot and it flew out when I hit a bump. We were working in a 200' long drift with several inches of water in much of it, walked it a few times, no dice. I finished mucking, parked the machine, and zip-tied a rubber glove to prevent anything from finding its way in.

I have a few guys who work on these machines who might know where to get one, but it wouldn't surprise me if the HEF hive mind can find a suitable generic replacement based on the above photo. Any suggestions?

IceHole

I forget where I got one. Friggin crackheads busted it off and the screen for maybe $25 of diesel.

HardRockNM

Occupation
Miner
Think that neck looks like a Lenz tank cap would fit, check this site:

That might actually be exactly what was originally installed! I'm waiting to hear back from a vendor, but a whole Lenz kit including screen and retention chain is only $35 so I might as well order one.