• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Morbark wood hog 6600

Dieseltech52

Unit has no Hydraulic pressure on any of the 6 pumps ran off the wet clutch. Called Morbark and got a computer jockey to help diagnose that the rubber power coupler is bad. Removed the clutch to find the coupler intact and in good shape. When I turned the coupler by hand saw the gears that drive the pumps were turning. Put it all back together. Now back to square one. Found I was not getting any flow out of the clutch pump, I figured is was turning sence I could turn it’s driving gear when the clutch was out and turning the power coupler by hand. Ordered a new pump, replaced the pump today. I fired it up today. The same results as before not pumping anything. Has any one ran into this before?

Simon C

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Mechanic
Exact same thing on a hydralic system. Was a suction filter plugged right tight hiding in the hydraulic tank under a cover. If putting air to the tank helps, suspect plugged pump intake filter possibly, or just badly air locked perhaps. Put blow gun into tank with rag over hole so that any over pressure can leak out. See if anything works after that.
Simon C

Tony Wells

Occupation
HogZilla Keeper
Did you prefill the new pump with hydraulic oil before running it? Generally not too good to dry start a pump and depending on how high the reservoir is, it may not be able to draw in oil. Some of these systems run a positive pressure reservoir, about 5 psi, so after they run a bit, if you open the filler, you should get a rush of air from that pressure. Also, some have a service and transport valve at the reservoir on the suction line. I've forgotten to open it after replacing a pump. Also make sure the new pump is the correct rotation. If it's CCW and should be CW for instance, it won't draw from the reservoir. Can't always trust the supplier, so check the tag.

If the old pump was indeed bad, it needs a new filter and a good flush anyway.

Just some things to check.