• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

More FL5 questions

big builder

Hey everyone,

I have an FL5 that is a bit fussy.

I don't have any manuals for this machine. Can anyone confirm that it is dextron ATF in the transmission? Will type 2 or 3 work as well ( I already have some)

Also it seems to lack power when backing up. IF I am going up a grade it really kaffs out. Seems to be good and powerfull going forward.

The only other thing is that is seems to sputter a bit when running. Just a bit of a miss at all engines speeds. It smokes a light blue smoke pretty much all the time, the smoke is very acrid I find compared to all the other diesels I own.

Anyone with experience can let me know about what throttle position they find works the best on the machine. I run it sometimes at about half throttle
and it's a little weak but at full throttle is pretty noisey and jerky.

Has about 30 - 35 psi oil pressure at full throttle is that in range?

Thanks for everything

rebarman

i have both service and operation manuals for fl5 as i own on also sounds like you need to remove stump plate and take a closer look

Sparffo

Occupation
Demolition contractor
Hey everyone,

Also it seems to lack power when backing up. IF I am going up a grade it really kaffs out. Seems to be good and powerfull going forward.

The only other thing is that is seems to sputter a bit when running. Just a bit of a miss at all engines speeds. It smokes a light blue smoke pretty much all the time, the smoke is very acrid I find compared to all the other diesels I own.

Anyone with experience can let me know about what throttle position they find works the best on the machine. I run it sometimes at about half throttle
and it's a little weak but at full throttle is pretty noisey and jerky.

first, check transmission oil level! sounds like you are running low! there are two different ways to check it, on some machines you need to have the engine running to get correct measurement and others stand still for a while. i dont know how it is on your fiat!

the sputter and smoke is probabbly because of worn injectors, rebuild and adjust them! before that you could try to change the fuel filters,,,

I have always used equipment at full throttle, if your machine is at stock settings there should be no problem using full throttle! use hearing protectors ;):D