• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Mozilla Thunderbird

Squizzy246B

Administrator
Occupation
Digger Driver
In the part & parcel of seeking my vengeance on MS:rolleyes: I have smite Outlook and installed Mozilla Thunderbird. How the hell do you get a signature to work??? so you don't have to type it in everytime. I do almost all of my business with email and its one of those annoying things I'm trying to get used to. I suppose I can always go to Outlook Express but I don't want to give those clowns at MS the satisfaction:bash...Bill, if your reading this :avid:avid

:D

OCR

Occupation
Rancher/Farmer, Wildland Fire Fighter, State snowp
Mozilla Thunderbird:

Squizzy, did you know that Bill has retired?

At least, that's what my wife just told me.

I don't know why I posted this... :confused:

Just FYI, I guess... LOL

OCR

Guess I should go take a nap too... LOL... :sleeping

Last edited:

AusDave

Occupation
Self employed
In the part & parcel of seeking my vengeance on MS:rolleyes: I have smite Outlook and installed Mozilla Thunderbird. How the hell do you get a signature to work??? so you don't have to type it in everytime. I do almost all of my business with email and its one of those annoying things I'm trying to get used to. I suppose I can always go to Outlook Express but I don't want to give those clowns at MS the satisfaction:bash...Bill, if your reading this :avid:avid

:D

Hi Squizzy.

In my Mac version of thunderbird the signatures are in the Account settings under the Tools menu. In the window of your account settings where you put the account name etc, you should find the signature settings. At least that's where it is in my computer.

It's a wise move getting rid of the Micro$oft crapware for something good and free. I've used Thunderbird for years with no problems and I've tried a lot of other mail programs. Thunderbird suits me the best.

If you really want to get rid of the Microsoft tax on your life, get a Mac or Ubuntu Linux installed on your PC. Micro$oft have really lost the plot nowadays and it seems many on this forum are paying the cost:bash

Regards AusDave

Squizzy246B

Administrator
Occupation
Digger Driver
Hi Squizzy.

get a Mac
Regards AusDave

Isn't that a poor imitation of a Hamburger???

Lol

Thanks for that, I found it..its just a little more complicated by having to create and save it first.

I've been meaning to have a crack at Ubuntu...but lack of HD space is a worry....she's almost ready for scrap heap.

bill onthehill

...Bill, if your reading this That is downright offensive!! I will have to check out thunderbird for my mail. Still using Netscape cause that is what the wife likes.

HEO Girl

Here, there, and everywhere in Maine and beyond
Occupation
Fence & Guardrail Installation
:D well then get another HD. Or get an external so you can back up all those files that you don't always absolutly need on your computer. I do that with all my movies because those take up heaps of HD space.

Externals are always good protection against HD failures . . and trust me they do happen. I've lost 4 already and pretty soon going to loose my 5th because it has the evil click of death. But I've got all my important things backed up (school documents, music, movies, pictures . . yes those are most important to me haha) just incase it does. The first HD I ever lost was due to hardware failure and that ment that no information was abe to be saved . . which was really depressing. But most of the time it ends up being software failure . . little hickups in Windows that can be easily fixed with a wipe and reload of your Operating System. So you can easily get your information back if you know what ur doing :D

Chuck Wintle

Isn't that a poor imitation of a Hamburger???

Lol

Thanks for that, I found it..its just a little more complicated by having to create and save it first.

I've been meaning to have a crack at Ubuntu...but lack of HD space is a worry....she's almost ready for scrap heap.

By all means try Ubuntu...you will be pleasantly surprised at how well it works. While MS appears to be going backwards in my opinion others are making steady progress in the quality oof their software....Ubuntu included. as you may have probably noticed Firefox makes a far better browser that MS does as do other companies making browsers. firefox has had tabbed browsing for some time now and MS has just added it to IS. So, in my opinion, the little guys can turn out a better product in less time.

Squizzy246B

Administrator
Occupation
Digger Driver
Welcome to the Heavy Equipment Forums Chuck..I'm certainly going to give Ubuntu a run soon.

However...I think you might be a Microsoft spy sent here to infiltrate the ranks of the unholy and report back to the capitalist Corporation (or is that the Neo-Nazi Corporation??:beatsme)..........Just funning with you Chuck.:rolleyes::D

Enjoy the forum.

Chuck Wintle

Welcome to the Heavy Equipment Forums Chuck..I'm certainly going to give Ubuntu a run soon.

However...I think you might be a Microsoft spy sent here to infiltrate the ranks of the unholy and report back to the capitalist Corporation (or is that the Neo-Nazi Corporation??:beatsme)..........Just funning with you Chuck.:rolleyes::D

Enjoy the forum.

Squizzy,
Thanks for the welcome.

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Can only endorse the Mac Linux supporters comments, I was pleasantly surprised that Zorin version of Ubuntu not only loaded Microsoft software it ran it much smoother than the XP version I last used.
Kind regards
Uffex