• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

MQ 70kva DCA-70 with a JD engine, error code 3673 007 followed by 1569 031 derate condition exists

Richard V

Engine serial is PE4045R047339. The PDF document says it has to do with the exhaust throttle valve. I can move it freely. So I am wondering what I should test next ? ! Any one has an idea ? It ran for about 12 hours non stop with very little load when this msg appeared on the DM1 display. I changed the crank filter following a MQ tech suggestion but same problem pops up after 5-10 minutes of running.

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
Then that code has to be diagnosed before the 3673 code. The code diagnostics on this one is simply to disconnect the linkage from the turbo actuator to the turbo vanes. Then move the actuator by hand through its entire range checking for any sticking. Do the same with the turbo vanes. Any sticky spots in either fails the test. Also, check the link between the two thoroughly as well. I do not remember if that particular unit has ball joints on the ends of the link or not, but they sometimes start to seize up giving you the codes. This code in your title and the 3673 code are both the result of the turbo not reaching the desired position as commanded.

Richard V

The linkage moves freely both ways. There is a 4 wires plug connected to the top of valve. Should I be testing resistance or voltage next ? the plug is numbered 1 to 4.

Richard V

I disconnected the 4 wire plug and started the machine and got error messages right away so there is some connection in the top of the valve. I reconnected the plug and restarted the machine. After .1 hour (temperature gauge was around 140F) the 3673 007 msg appeared but the valve mechanism never moved. So I am thinking it is not receiving current or something inside the box is not working. I noticed, beside the ETV, there is vaccum box with a linkage too (no wires), that seems stucked. That's probably a different problem.

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
You most likely have a bad actuator/turbo. It might feel fine cold to warm, but may stick when hotter. If the wiring was an issue you would of had a different code. Pins 1 and 2 of the connector would be for the actuator drive circuit and if there was an issue you would have had 3465.05 or .06 code instead of the .07. The pins 3 and 4 would have set a 2XXX.XX code.

Do note, replacement of the turbo assembly or the actuator requires a calibration. So, the dealer would have to get involved.

Richard V

When the msg appeared while running I manually moved the actuator linkage easely. If I was to test the actuator motor, what voltage should I apply to pin 1 and 2 then ?

Richard V

Well that part costs 3,500 $ canadien from the JD dealer in my area and I am certainly going to try to figure out what is wrong with it. I read somewhere I should have resistance between pin 3 and 4, but I am not getting any, and I know the linkage is not moving while the engine is warming off.

Richard V

I will. I am still waiting for the pins layout from MQ or others. I was moving it manually while it was running and noticed when I shutted it down, the actuator went all the way open and then closed by itself. Right now I am thinking a bad contact inside. I also disconnected the linkage and there is no attempt to move when the message appears which appears when the temperature reaches 140F.

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
he message appears which appears when the temperature reaches 140F.
The computer control system goes from default running (in auto speak, open loop) to feedback (closed loop) running at 140*F.

Your engine also has an newer ECU software available. I highly recommend getting that updated. In the latest update, one of the items addressed is the actuator, but unfortunately, it is not specific on what it is addressing.

Richard V

The wastegate actuator is jammed. I disconnected the linkage and surprisingly enough, the vanne is free of moving but the actuator is not. Does anyone have the part number ? I am having a hard time to find it.

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
For the $300 difference in price, I would buy the exhaust throttle assembly.

According to your build codes, this is the exhaust throttle for your engine.

Screenshot 2023-05-21 at 5.50.39 AM.png

Last edited: