• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

My CATERPILLAR scale model collection

Kwabbus

My CATERPILLAR scale model collection

I have started to take pictures and write small reviews from all my CATERPILLAR scalemodels and put them on the Dutch BMF, short for "Bouw Machine Forum".

If you are interested? Just click on the link:

My CATERPILLAR Scale models

Each time when I have post a new model I will place a single shot on this forum and give you the oppertunity to have a peek.

CATERPILLAR D9N Track-Type Tractor [NZG 1:50]

Enjoy watching! :)

http://www.bouwmachineforum.nl/forum/viewt...06&p=416302

Wouter

Attachments

• HEF CATERPIILAR D9N [NZG] (2).JPG
    HEF CATERPIILAR D9N [NZG] (2).JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 7,182
Last edited:

j.bain87

So, what you are doing, is writing something, about some things, that you have bought over the counter ?

What's so special about that, you stumped up the cash and it's yours to take a way, so, why write about what you paid for ?

Now, if you actually had gone to the bother to hand make them yourself, then, that definitely would be a good reason for a write-up, but what's so special about buying them as a finished item ?

I just don't get this lot at all.

Maybe somebody out there could please enlighten me, on why you would even bother to do a review, about a finished over the counter product.

Kwabbus

CATERPILLAR 666 Wheel-Type Scraper [CCM 1:48]

Enjoy all pictures on:

http://www.bouwmachineforum.nl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=184&t=12906&p=455731

I'm still looking for more background information. so if you have answers on the following questions let me know:
- How many CATERPILLAR 666 models are actual made in 1:1?
- Who knows more about the McCoy company?

Wouter

Attachments

• CATERPILLAR 666 Wheel Tractor-Scraper [CCM] [Small].JPG
    CATERPILLAR 666 Wheel Tractor-Scraper [CCM] [Small].JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 6,602
Last edited:

Hendrik

Maybe somebody out there could please enlighten me, on why you would even bother to do a review, about a finished over the counter product.
Hmnnh, your first post is a kick in the pants for another member?
Far as i am concerned, this part of the forum is for models and miniatures, whether bought or made.
I don't see any rules that only handmade things are allowed to be shown and whilst this may not interest (or perhaps even offend) you , there are a number of members on this forum who collect models and may be interested in this thread.
My suggestion is that instead of dumping on other members you contribute in a more positive way, there are many moderators on this forum, whose job it is to keep an eye on posts and I don't see the word moderator under your name, I see probationary member.

Lee-online

Hmnnh, your first post is a kick in the pants for another member?
Far as i am concerned, this part of the forum is for models and miniatures, whether bought or made.
I don't see any rules that only handmade things are allowed to be shown and whilst this may not interest (or perhaps even offend) you , there are a number of members on this forum who collect models and may be interested in this thread.
My suggestion is that instead of dumping on other members you contribute in a more positive way, there are many moderators on this forum, whose job it is to keep an eye on posts and I don't see the word moderator under your name, I see probationary member.

Well put.

Jdigger4130

So, what you are doing, is writing something, about some things, that you have bought over the counter ?

What's so special about that, you stumped up the cash and it's yours to take a way, so, why write about what you paid for ?

Now, if you actually had gone to the bother to hand make them yourself, then, that definitely would be a good reason for a write-up, but what's so special about buying them as a finished item ?

I just don't get this lot at all.

Welcome to the HEF,sure hope there is something in the threads you can enjoy

Hendrik

Ahh sorry I was going add that a review of a 'over the counter' product may well be of interest to someone thinking of buying the same model, also consider that 99% of the machines discussed on this forum are over the counter (or at least off the dealers yard) machines and there is loads of reviews about them.

Kwabbus

CATERPILLAR 272C Skid Steer Loader [CCM 1:48]

CATERPILLAR 272C Skid Steer Loader [CCM 1:48]

Enjoy all pictures on: www.caterpillarscalemodels.com

Wouter

caterpillar272cccm2.jpg

caterpillar272cskidstee.jpg

caterpillar272cskidstee.jpg

Kwabbus

The making of... a Caterpillar 594H Pipelayer

Custom scale model builder Ad Gevers has recently started his next project:

Building a Caterpillar 594H Pipelayer by using as donor model the Conrad Caterpillar 594G Pipelayer in 1:50th scale.

It is our goal for the coming period in this Making of... to show how this custom model will be achieved. Ad Gevers, will share his building skills through its construction photos with little notes to keep us informed of his progress. Gradually it shows the making of a unique model of the 594H Caterpillar Pipelayer.

Enjoy reading & watching!

caterpillar594honderwag.jpg

Kwabbus

NEW LINK: Thomas Wilk

See the added Link to Thomas Wilk author from the books "Caterpillar Seventy Five Years", "Caterpillar D9-D9R" together with Urs Peyer and co author from "Das Tagebau Buch", involved with magazine "BAGGERMODELLE" and an very talented photographer.

His own company TCC creates beautiful full color calendars of new and classical construction equipment.

tcccalander2011backgrou.jpg

Looking for more links? www.caterpillarscalemodels.com

Enjoy watching!

Kwabbus

Caterpillar 660 Athey Coal Hauler [CCM 1:48]

Past week I received from America this latest addition in my collection and directly took it to the photo set:

Caterpillar 660 Athey Coal Hauler

This diecast scale model is made in a limited edition of only 750 pieces by CCM in scale 1:48.
The model is packaged in a deluxe gift box and comes with a signed certificate. I am now a happy collector in possession of # 125.

This model is truly a Champion League finally model. CCM sets with this model the bar higher and higher.
Super Class model!

Soon I will add more pictures from the model, machine 1:1 and background information in the category Off-Highway Trucks

nieuweaanwinsten001.jpg

Kwabbus

Caterpillar 583 Pipelayer [Norscot 1:50] – Latest addition

This weekend I received this latest addition in my collection and directly took it to the photo set:

Caterpillar 583 Pipelayer

This diecast scale model is made in a "limited" edition of 5000 pieces in 1997 by Norscot in scale 1:50. 75 The model is packaged in a full color sleeve around the plain white box.

The model is actually a makeover Conrad pipelayer with a different package, type designation and metal tracks. The model is actually produced by Conrad as model #2875 and comes with a Norscot finish. Norscot had in fact acquired the rights to produce Caterpillar scale models and started releasing a series of reissues Ertl, Conrad and NZG models.

Never the less I still would add this scale model to my collection. I am now a happy collector in possession of #717.

Soon I will add more pictures from the model, machine 1:1 and background information in the category Pipelayers

http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/4460/nieuweaanwinsten013.jpg