• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

My CATERPILLAR scale model collection

Kwabbus

LATEST ADDITION! Caterpillar 621 [NZG 1:50]

LATEST ADDITION! Caterpillar 621 [NZG 1:50]

This week I received this latest addition made by NZG in my collection and directly took it to the photo set:

Caterpillar 621 Wheel Tractor-Scraper #122

The Caterpillar 621 Wheel Tractor-Scraper scale model was already since the early years a part of my Earthmoving collection and was so unnoticed for more than thirty years in my possession.
With the recent arrival of the Caterpillar 621K Scraper I had to create space in the display cabinet and only then I noticed that the NZG model of age fell apart and had never been complete.
That's why I was very happy that I got the opportunity through a collector friend to obtain for a very decent price a mint boxed copy.

My first impression: A must have within every Caterpillar Wheel Tractor-Scrapers collection.
For me a very valuable scale model because it brings back the good memories of the days I used to attend scale model swap meetings with my Dad.

I will add more pictures from the Caterpillar 621 Wheel Tractor-Scraper scale model, machine 1:1 and background information in the category Wheel Tractor-Scrapers.
So stay tuned for more!

Wouter

Kwabbus

UPDATE! The making of...a Caterpillar 578 Pipelayer

UPDATE! The making of...a Caterpillar 578 Pipelayer

Custom scale model builder Gertjan Veld has recently started his next project of building a Caterpillar 578 Pipelayer by using the Caterpillar D9R Track-Type Tractor from NZG in 1:50th scale.

It is our goal for the coming period in the "Making of...a Caterpillar 578 Pipelayer" to show you how this custom model will be achieved.
Gertjan will share his building skills through its construction photos with little notes to keep us informed of his progress. Gradually it shows the making of a unique model of the Caterpillar 578 Pipelayer.

Today I have added the second update of the "The making of ...Caterpillar 578 Pipelayer" This episode Gertjan his pictures show you the work he has done to modify the cabin & superstructure and the winch he added.

Enjoy reading & watching!

Gertjan and Wouter

Kwabbus

UPDATE! The making of...a Caterpillar 289C Compact Track Loader

The Caterpillar 289C Compact Track Loader is a "one of a kind" custom scale model. Ad used for this project a "spare" Caterpillar 272C Skid Steer Loader which has been released by Classic Construction Models in a limited edition of only 200 pieces. The model is hand crafted from brass in 1:48th scale.
Ad modified the Wheeled Skid Steer Loader version into a Caterpillar 289C Compact Track Loader version and added (as he always does -)) tons of extra details including a scratch built Caterpillar BR172 Brushcutter.

It is our goal for the coming period in the "Making of...a Caterpillar 289C Compact Track Loader" to show you how this custom model has been achieved.

Ad will share his building skills through its construction photos with little notes to guide us through his progress. Gradually it shows the making of a unique model of the Caterpillar 289C Compact Track Loader.
Today I have added the second update of the "The making of ..." This episode Ad his pictures show you how he continues the building of the undercarriage.

Ad and Wouter

Kwabbus

NEWS FLASH! Website Diecast Masters is LIVE!

Diecast Masters was established through the acquisition of the Caterpillar® scale model businesses of both Norscot and Tonkin Replicas. Though new as a licensee, the management team at Diecast Masters draws on a legacy with Caterpillar Inc. that extends more than a quarter century.

Diecast Masters has in advance of the worldwide release of her collection, tomorrow, 27th january 2016, at the Spielwarenmesse 2016 just launched her new website with their first Caterpillar scale model catalogue with many big surprises in their 1:50 Construction Diecast Series. Small hit: Check out the cabins!!

Curious? Click on the photo!

Kwabbus

UPDATE! The making of.. 988B RTCH Rough Terrain Container Handler

Custom scale model builder Ciprian Ursulescu from CypModels has finished his next project developing and building in 1:50th scale of the:

988B RTCH Rough Terrain Container Handler

The pre production scale model of the 988B RTCH Rough Terrain Container Handler in 1:50th scale is completely finished and painted.
Ready for Action!
Ready for sales!
Time to order your built 988B RTCH Rough Terrain Container Handler scale model or kit. This next knock out model will be available in very limited numbers.

Curious for the finall result? Check out: "Making of... a 988B RTCH Rough Terrain Container Handler" to see how this custom model is achieved. Ciprian Ursulescu, shared his building skills through its construction photos with little notes from me. Gradually it shows you the making of a unique model of the 988B RTCH Rough Terrain Container Handler.

More information about ordering this unique scale model in a very limited edition? Visit the CypModels website.

Ciprian and Wouter

Kwabbus

NEWS FLASH! TCC Spielwarenmesse 2016

Friend, Caterpillar scale model collector and professional photographer Thomas Wilk has made for those who were not able to visit the International Toy Fair aka Spielwarenmesse from January 27 to February 1, 2016 in Nuremberg Germany, an Exclusive (Caterpillar) photo report during his visit so we can taste the atmosphere and get a glimps of all the beauty that awaits us in 2016.

Curious? Click on the photo and enjoys all his albums!!

Kwabbus

NEWS FLASH! TCC visits Conrad Modelle 2016

Friend, Caterpillar scale model collector and professional photographer Thomas Wilk from TCC Photowork has in addition to his visit to the Spielwarenmesse aka Toy Fair 2016 also made an exclusive (Caterpillar) photo shoot of his visit to Conrad Modelle in Nuremberg.

This year one had chosen for the first year at Conrad Modelle to not be present with a booth at the Toy Fair but to invite its business relations to make the trip to the other side of Nuremberg with a luxury shuttle bus for a unique visit to the company.

Besides the warm welcome by the family and her staff were of course unveiled all new scale models for 2016 and one was given the opportunity to experience the new Conrad museum, where in numerous showcases with nearly 2000 scale models, is to admire a perfect timeframe of 60 years Conrad Modelle.

Curious? Click on the photo and enjoys all his albums!

Kwabbus

NEWS FLASH! MiniMovers visits IMC Models Spielwaremesse 2016

This year was the first time that IMC Models was present with a booth at the International Toy Fair aka Spielwarenmesse, held from January 27 to February 1 2016, in Nuremberg, Germany.
The team of IMC Models was present to reveal the latest IMC Models releases and made plenty of their time free to update us about the company plans for 2016.

During the Toy Fair also came as a big surprise the official announcement that IMC Models has become dealer for the full range of the Diecast Masters Caterpillar scalemodels.

Today I can share our combined series pictures of the visit that we (Ad Gevers, Thomas Wilk and I) brought at the IMC Models booth. The album "IMC Models Spielwarenmesse 2016" is added to the links in "Shows & Exhibitions".

Kwabbus

Saturday, March 19, 2016 the 25st Modelshow Europe was held in the flowerauction "Plantion" nearby the city Ede in the Netherlands.

On this special exhibition one could once again see all kinds of miniatures and model construction projects in the field of earthmoving, cranes and heavy transport.
This Modelshow Europe exhibition is unique by its grand design and the only one in Europe.
Many collectors and builders showed on the Modelshow Europe their (rebuilt and/or radio controlled) models. Also a wide range of miniatures and related components for the model where offered for sale.

Ad Gevers staffed with Richard van der Horst, Anton Monshouwer, Huub van Dijke (Bouwmachinesvantoen and Bouwmachinesvannu), Gertjan Veld & Jack Schrijen again had a joint stand.
Mini Movers together with some members of our "CSVT" group from home and abroad, including photographer Thomas Wilk from TCC Photowork, was during the Modelshow Europe present in and around our booth.

Today I have added the first teaser shots and the coming days all news and pictures will be added in the album Modelshow Europe 2016

Kwabbus

UPDATE! Modelshow Europe 2016 Photos Models Ad Gevers

Ad Gevers showed us this year, three unique projects: His Caterpillar D9R DOOBI Track-Type Tractor which he built based on the kit in scale 1:48 of CypModels and his Caterpillar D8T Track-Type Tractor with WDA CARON DSU dozerblade & CARON SWS Tracks in 1:50 on the basis of the Norscot D8T and three exclusive cADSttachments kits.

And as the biggest surprise he brought along the scale model of the Caterpillar 836G CARON Compactor exclusively in this design which as a promotional gift has been built in a very limited number for the Caron Compactor Company from America and never was available for sale.

Curious? Check out the new added pictures in the album Modelshow Europe 2016

Kwabbus

UPDATE! Modelshow Europe 2016

Thomas Wilk showed us this year his custom built Caterpillar D6K Welding Track-Type Tractor which was displayed in a unique diorama with some personal stories and history embedded. But that is for later because...

...the good news is that Thomas will share the story behind this custom Caterpillar D6K Welding Track-Type Tractor and the realization of this unique project in a "Making of..." which will start soon. So check out the upcoming news!

Kwabbus

UPDATE! Modelshow Europe 2016 - Photos models by Gertjan Veld

Gertjan brought this year a number of unique custom-built Caterpillar models along to the Modelshow Europe in 2016.
Special is that Gertjan also every year sees an opportunity to make its models even more come into their own on the mini dioramas which he presents his models.

Kwabbus

UPDATE! The making of...a Caterpillar 289C Compact Track Loader

The Caterpillar 289C Compact Track Loader is a "one of a kind" custom scale model. Ad used for this project a "spare" Caterpillar 272C Skid Steer Loader which has been released by Classic Construction Models in a limited edition of only 200 pieces. The model is hand crafted from brass in 1:48th scale.

Ad modified the Wheeled Skid Steer Loader version into a Caterpillar 289C Compact Track Loader version and added (as he always does -)) tons of extra details including a scratch built Caterpillar BR172 Brushcutter.

It is our goal for the coming period in the "Making of...a Caterpillar 289C Compact Track Loader" to show you how this custom model has been achieved.

Ad will share his building skills through its construction photos with little notes to guide us through his progress. Gradually it shows the making of a unique model of the Caterpillar 289C Compact Track Loader.
Today I have added the fourth update of the "The making of ..." This episode Ad his many pictures show you the building of the scratch made Caterpillar BR172 Brushcutter.

Ad and Wouter

Kwabbus

LATEST ADDITION! Caterpillar D8T WH [Custom 1:50

During the Modelshow Europe 2016 I received this latest custom built addition in my collection and directly took it to the photo set:

Caterpillar D8T WH (Waste Handler) “Caron” Tractor-Type Tractor

Ad Gevers showed during the Modelshow Europe 2016 his version of the Caterpillar D8T WDA Track-Type Tractor with WDA CARON DSU dozer blade & CARON SWS Tracks in 1:50 on the basis of the Norscot D8T and three exclusive kits: The resin CARON DSU Trash Blade comes from a very exclusive kit which is based on the metal Trash Blade made by Ray Roltgen and the CARON SWS metal Tracks and the Back box where both exclusive cADSttachments kits. (Sorry for those who are interested but I have to disappoint you that all three of these kits where and are not available for sale).

Enjoy the first photo! I will add more pictures from the Caterpillar D8T WH (Waste Handler) “Caron” Tractor-Type Tractor scale model, machine in 1:1 and background information in the category Tractor-Type Tractors So stay tuned for more!

Kwabbus

Incredible collection. Can I ask where you purchase these models ?

Thanks for the compliments!

I'm a collector for over 30 years. I buy my models both in the Netherlands, Europe (Germany) and within the USA. Sometimes on Ebay or is the model specially built for me by a fellow collector from Down under. Actually I find my models all over the globe.

Some links: http://www.minimovers.nl/links?lang=en

Thkx

Wouter

Kwabbus

ANNOUNCEMENT! Caterpillar 834B [CypModels 1:50]

CypModels has announced a new custom made resin scale model in 1:50th scale:

Caterpillar 834B Wheel Dozer

This knock out model of the Caterpillar 834B Wheel Dozer will be available in very limited numbers.
If you are interested in this hand built scale model or kit from the Caterpillar 834B Wheel Dozer it is important to respond with your order by e-mail to contact@cypmodels.com.
Only then you can be assured that the model is also produced effectively for you.

Kwabbus

ANNOUNCEMENT! Caterpillar PL61 [Rod Cross Toys 1:50]

Under the name Rod Cross Toys appear regularly exclusive small series of custom scale Models and Kits that allow you to add a machine variant or a unique work tool to your Caterpillar collection.

Caterpillar PL61 Pipelayer

This knock out model of the Caterpillar PL61 Pipelayer will be available in very limited numbers. The donor model is the Caterpillar D6K Track-Type Tractor released by Norscot. More then 30 casted metall pieces are added to transform this model into this unique custom Pipelayer. At this moment the finishing touch to the master are made and from a reliable source I have heard that there are some additional features added to the model to be supplied by cADSttachments.

The final sales price for a ready built and painted model will be announced when the first model is actually finished. So stay tuned for more!

Kwabbus

UPDATE ANNOUNCEMENT! Caterpillar 350 [MDF 1:50]

Les Miniatures du Faubourg (MDF) from France releases another new unique resin scale model in 1:50th scale:

Caterpillar 350 Hydraulic Excavator

The Caterpillar 350 Hydraulic Excavator was introduced during the Modelshow Europe 2016 held in Ede, The Netherlands and I'm very pleased that today I can finally share with you the first exclusive photos of the first built custom scale model.

This next knock out model will be available in very limited numbers and made only on request for the collectors.

With the custom scale model of the Caterpillar 350 Hydraulic Excavator in 1:50th finally after waiting for many years a big hole in my showcase will be filled in. Next to the Caterpillar 375 (Joal) is the line up of the Caterpillar Hydraulic Excavators a bit more complete. Sales price is 270,- Euro and shipping cost. Les Miniatures du Faubourg (MDF) ships worldwide at actual shipping cost and accepts PayPal payment.

If you are interested in this built scale model it is important to respond with your order by e-mail to hostmaster@miniaturesdufaubourg.fr Only then you can be assured that the model is also produced effectively for you.