• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

My first track loader!

boone

Mike, after 14 years with this machine and documenting nearly everything Dad and I did to it and with it, I'm sad to say, we sold it within the last month.

Didn't plan on selling it. Never even put it up for sale, but we attended an equipment auction within the last month and met up with a gentleman who by happenstance lives nearby the farm. Without going into a lot of detail, he was interested in looking at our loader and ended up buying it. We just didn't use it that much anymore and though it had a good place to stay, it was too good to sit and do nothing.

The only issue was the other boom cylinder was leaking for which we had the kit. Just never got around to it from last year. Yes, this rod was straight unlike the other side.
Dad and I met for breakfast the other day and reminisced over the good times we'd had with this machine. We met for the last time to work on it.
Installed the cylinder with the new packing. Also, since we had the hydraulic filter on hand, we changed it out for the new owner.

tank.jpg

The bottom side. Two orings on the bottom and one at the top.

clamp.jpg

This filter change was a bigger job than we remembered. Dad had made a c-clamp tool to pull it. We had to use a strap over the canopy to pull the thing up and out of the reservoir. The o'rings had a good hold at the bottom.

closeup.jpg

Washed it up and he'll be picking it up when he's ready.

washed.jpg

I've thoroughly enjoyed all the member's posts on this thread and thanks to all who have made this experience thrilling to tell. If anyone is interested in equipment and you don't mind getting your fingernails dirty and throwing a few bucks at it along the way, do it!

Mike Legg

Occupation
Retired But Still Working
Man! What a good looking machine...looks like brand new! In a way, I'm sure you hate to see it go. You have put so much into it.