• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

My topsoil Screener (worth more in scrap)

kmbrad

Thought I'd show you my topsoil screener which is still going strong. I don't know any thing about it (make, year etc). She still runs and does a good job.

Attachments

• scrren1.jpg
    scrren1.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 2,382
  • scrren2.jpg
    scrren2.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 1,860
  • scrren3.jpg
    scrren3.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 1,839
  • scrren4.jpg
    scrren4.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 1,802
  • scrren5.jpg
    scrren5.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 1,853

kmbrad

We found this abondoned in a farmers field about 15 years ago. At the time we were digging a fishing lake and we needed a cheap screener to sieve the topsoil.

We're still using it now. Considering her age, she does a great job. Next time it's running, I'll take a video and post the link from Youtube on her.

Karl

Taylortractornu

Charter Member
Occupation
Privvate landfill operator/manager
Thats a neat screener, Im building one a bit different and smaller for my skid steer TLB and my excavator to screen rotted leaves for my nursery sideline. I like to old Volvo loader is it 4x4 or 2x4. And how well dig? I have a Chance at a 50 MF loader I thought might be good for composting and such.

Is your screen deck flat in the shaker area and just use vibration to shift the material. And the over size material finally comes out the end or through the bottom.

tuney443

Occupation
excavating contractor
I don't think it's worth more as scrap--old doesn't equate bad in my book.I have an oldy also--a Royer,which is actually a shredder, as it first shreds the material,then screens it with the adjustable fingers on top.It does a fantastic job-makes a gorgeous fluffy aerated product,although slow.I feed it with my 3' backhoe bucket because after about 2-3 buckets,the topsoil sits on top of the screening bars on top so I need to scrape that off.It's got an air cooled V4 Wisconsin engine that will start quicker than my Duramax diesel in my pickup.

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
I would not say worth more as scrap, :eek:

I would say worth its weight in gold :D best of all sounds like it does exactly what it says on the tin and only drinks a drop of fuel and doesnt owe you a penny.

Now I saw that loader and thought Muir Hill, is it? or is it in fact a Volvo. :drinkup

karlbradshaw

Stumbled across my old thread. I knew I'd registered before!

The screener is still going and the ladder is still as sturdy.

It's a volvo 622 by the way. Just sold her. Good front wheel drive loader but the cab hits the bottom of the screen when your emptying from underneath.

I'll take a video of her running in the summer when we start using her again.