• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Need help with a 1984 Clark 75B Cummings V-504-C

joer00

Active Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2015
Messages
40
Location
United States
@rodbaron I am pretty sure you will run into many more issues in the future. Ping me if you need help. I have a 55 B and replaced/repaired 75% in the last years and doing now the remaining 25%.
 

rodbaron

Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2023
Messages
16
Location
Eastern Virginia
Hi all! I wanted to follow up on my work since this last post. Sorry its taken a while. Life with two young kids and a single income family with a newer business in this economy has its challenges BUT ive been able to make some head way on the loader. I removed the hydraulic ram on port side and have it on a bench to take apart and going to a local shop to have the seals measured and will get new ones.

I sprayed down the sticky pedal for the throttle and it has made a difference so as long as I don't mash the pedal to end range then it springs back. If I go too far then it sticks down and whatever is immediately in front of me is definitely in danger.

The front rim is currently my most urgent problem. It leaks down from around the bead pretty much overnight so I have blocked it with wood so its jacked up for now. From what I can see there are some seals on the rim that are marred up. I will need to replace these.

Any experience on replacing these o-rings and seals? This morning I have reached out to the suggested seasoned veterans for parts and advice so I will wait to hear back.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

RS
 

joer00

Active Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2015
Messages
40
Location
United States
Not sure what you mean by rim leak. I assume you mean the air is leaking ? You need to replace the o-ring. I did create myself a simple tool based on the one below. If you dont mnd the money buy it, those o-rings need to be replaced once in a while ( Nr 9 in attached document, make sure you get the correct o ring for your tire size)

 

Attachments

  • Tire.pdf
    39.3 KB · Views: 2

oarwhat

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 14, 2009
Messages
855
Location
buffalo,n.y.
There is just one oring on the rim. If there's more than one someone has been trying to seal it. I see in your picture the rim is in rough shape. Clean it up as best you can and install the proper oring. Tire guys will load it up with some kind of tire lube to get it to seat. I had an old grader that wouldn't seal. I loaded it up with silicone and it sealed up. I never ran it much at all so I don't know how long that would last. Maybe others have an idea.
 

56wrench

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2016
Messages
2,215
Location
alberta
Clean all the wheel o-ring surfaces(rim and ring), coat the grooves with tire bead sealer as well as the sealing surface on the ring and install a new o-ring is what i would do.
 

joer00

Active Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2015
Messages
40
Location
United States
My rim looks as least as bad but it does seal with a new o-ring. First time it did not seal because it was simple the wrong o-ring. Make sure you buy the correct one !
However I always had issues with air due to nails etc. I installed an air control system , so now the tires stay always filled. I installed dual valves, so when running the motor compressor provides the air, when standing I connect a hose from the shop compressor. See pics.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0447.jpg
    IMG_0447.jpg
    798.3 KB · Views: 4
  • RodoAr.png
    RodoAr.png
    971 KB · Views: 4
  • RodoAr2.png
    RodoAr2.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 4
Top