• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Need help with the ID of dual smooth drum roller

stumpjumper83

Occupation
Movin dirt
looks alot like a gallion unit but alot of rollers look alike. That syle would more than like make it an ex municipal unit.

oarwhat

It's a ferguson. We had one just like it years and years ago. One thing I remember is you could remove the wheels to get closer to buildings etc. I think you lifted the wheels all the way up and held them away from the roller. Put the wheel down and pull a pin. Ours always ran rough no mater what we did. We'd fix something and it ran ok then then it was something else. We sure did use it allot though.

jack345

It's a ferguson. We had one just like it years and years ago. One thing I remember is you could remove the wheels to get closer to buildings etc. I think you lifted the wheels all the way up and held them away from the roller. Put the wheel down and pull a pin. Ours always ran rough no mater what we did. We'd fix something and it ran ok then then it was something else. We sure did use it allot though.

This one was running rough too-one cylinder had exhaust valve stuck open ,its a Wisconsin V4 and thats pretty much normal for them being air cooled. Mud wasps used the cooling fins for nesting area causing it to run warm. but that's all fixed now and running great. You are right about the pins to hold wheels up for transport.Any idea what decade it was made? Thanks for the help.

oarwhat

We never knew the year or much else about it, other than what we figured out. They were much newer models out. Local towns used them because they didn't need a trailer to haul them. It really was convenient to haul around. It was a little tricky to hook it up. One time the front hydraulic lift cylinder blew a seal. Of course we were 40 miles from home. Our dump box had power down so we hooked a chain to the top of the tailgate lowered the box and picked it up.