• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

need pics of a 290 hitachi log loader

HITACHI350

i need pics for a project im doing its a 1:50 hitachi 290 log loader i need as many as i can all angles top, back, cab, sides if u got them i need them thanks

Contract Logger

Occupation
Equipment Broker
Here's a link to the sales literature if you dont already have it.

http://www.hitachiconstruction.com/...chi_forestry/forestry_excavators/zx290f3.html

You'll want to click 'specifications'.

Here are some pics of a couple 250's I sold here a couple of years ago. Icy Straits Lumber of Hoonah, Alaska (Wes Tyler) owns the logger today, and the backhoe is in Sitka with S&S General Contractors. Not much difference between the 250/290.

As is often the case my pictures were used in Hitachi's brochures and magazine ads for a couple of years......

Attachments

• IMG_6310 250LL hef 3.JPG
    IMG_6310 250LL hef 3.JPG
    208.5 KB · Views: 3,120
  • IMG_6298 LL250 hef 2.JPG
    IMG_6298 LL250 hef 2.JPG
    220.8 KB · Views: 9,537
  • IMG_6297 LL Hef1.JPG
    IMG_6297 LL Hef1.JPG
    208.2 KB · Views: 4,187

Contract Logger

Occupation
Equipment Broker
Here are some pics of the ZX250 Roadbuilder taken the same morning. I like PSM attachments for roadbuilding so this machine had a PSM 42" Alaskan Roadbuilder bucket and a PSM 4-Tine Pro-Link thumb to match it. We dont use couplers on our forestry roadbuilders due to loss of breakout force.

Attachments

• IMG_6342 BH hef 1.JPG
    IMG_6342 BH hef 1.JPG
    218 KB · Views: 8,379
  • IMG_6349 BH hef 2.JPG
    IMG_6349 BH hef 2.JPG
    216.5 KB · Views: 2,655
  • IMG_6325 BH hef 3.JPG
    IMG_6325 BH hef 3.JPG
    243.1 KB · Views: 3,286
Occupation
Sprinkler fitter
John Deere and hitachi are alnost exactley the same...You may even get away with buying a 1/50 scale diecast at john deere dealership and use many of the parts ..Thats where i found mine
003-35.jpg

005-34.jpg

Contract Logger

Occupation
Equipment Broker
The machines are identicle. The only difference now is the engine. The machines with the Isuzu are painted orange and stickered 'Hitachi', and the machines with the Deere engines are painted green and stickered 'Deere'. The Kawasaki pumps, valves, and cylinders are identicle brtween the orange and green machines.

Both forestry lines -Deere and Hitachi-are built at the DHSP (Deere Hitachi Special Products) facility in Langley BC.

Been that way for going on 10 years now. At some point I believe the Isuzu engine will be the standard on both lines. Deere 450D and above are using Isuzu already.

JTL

Occupation
IUOE Local 302
I was a little disapointed when Hitachi and Ertl had their little tissy fit, and Ertl didn't offer the orange version of the 2954's. Those are the models that I wanted, because to me, the woods is getting way to green!
If I had any tallent or more paitence, I'd repaint my 2954's.

HITACHI350

im taking the 2954d and painting it hitachi mmm when the log loaders first came out they were going to make the 290s but a mouth before they relsese date its like they said we got them but u cant have them so i was kind mad at that:mad: and that orange looks realy good on the black t800w from sword contract logger thank u so much for those pics and the ones for the log truck your like the best person on the forestry forums THANK YOU:notworthy