• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

need pics of a log truck with stigger

HITACHI350

im looking for pics of a log truck with a stinger or a quick change bunk to 5th wheel "plz no europen trucks just west coast trucks" for a model im building i need pics thanks

Ryan Rønning

Occupation
Army Diesel Tech and field maintenace teck
Here are some of the trucks I have built and am building. The Blue Pete has a quick change bunk but it was a mistake that I didn't catch as the stinger is not a quick change sorry about that.
IMG_2955.jpg

IMG_2954.jpg

IMG_2951.jpg

IMG_2950.jpg

Ryan Rønning

Occupation
Army Diesel Tech and field maintenace teck
This one I am currently building (although its on hold since I am deployed to the Stan). It is moddeled after one of my dads trucks.
IMG_9208.jpg

IMG_9209.jpg

IMG_9210.jpg

IMG_9212.jpg

HCF

Occupation
Fabricator
99add830.jpg

Here's a long logger. General steering trailer with extended reach and stinger. Hauling 100' bridge pilings.

HCF

Occupation
Fabricator
fd97dbc2.jpg

Another pic of the same truck. Backing into the shop to be loaded. If I remember right the reach was twice the normal length when extended and the stinger stretched out 10 or 12 feet.

Contract Logger

Occupation
Equipment Broker
Here's an OK shot of the slip-in stinger for a standard quick-change logger. I've owned a fleet of these things but struggled to find a decent pic without going out in the cold and taking one...go figure.

Anyway here the driver has moved the flap hangers up to the frame rails, but they really belong on the brackets (on the stinger) and should come off with the stinger.

This shot shows some decent compensator action for you as well.

Attachments

• p1030406.jpg
    p1030406.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 1,997

HITACHI350

Here's an OK shot of the slip-in stinger for a standard quick-change logger. I've owned a fleet of these things but struggled to find a decent pic without going out in the cold and taking one...go figure.

Anyway here the driver has moved the flap hangers up to the frame rails, but they really belong on the brackets (on the stinger) and should come off with the stinger.

This shot shows some decent compensator action for you as well.

thank you thats excley what im looking for, i got a question tho how would the mud flaps attch back up to the truck if it turns in to a lowboy cuz i got a 1:50 scale 389 black pete lowboy that im making in to a truck and pup if u got any pics that would help me ethier post them on here or email me at redneck5829@hotmail.com

Contract Logger

Occupation
Equipment Broker
Quick-Change Truck

OK , went out in the cold this morning to the closest quick-change and took some pics for you. Sorry about the snow, its December in Alaska, so it's gonna be this way until May or so... Trucks will mostly just stay parked.

Pic one is in response to your mudflap question. We use chrome spring-style hangers (as seen in the post above) mounted right to the stinger itself when log hauling. When the stinger comes off, those mudflaps go away with it. Just ahead of the quarter-fenders is another set of 'cheapo' brackets, as is also at the rear of each frame rail. If needed, we can swing these back there, but mainly only do so for bob-tailing without a trailer. When lowbedding, no truck mudflaps are used as they are just in the way.

Pic 2 shows the crossmember-style stinger-insert with reach-clamp and pin hole. When the stinger goes in it is just pinned there, and the clamp used to keep her tight. You can see the mudflap hanger brackets there too.

Next couple pics are just so you can see this tractor. Its a restored 1983 C-500 Kenworth with a new 3406B for power (had an 8V-92T when new). It's got a triple frame, Eaton DT402 2 speed rears, an 18 speed Fuller and a 4 speed airshift brownie for just in case you need lots more gears....

Works good for what it is, mostly just sits there. Can pull anything, has a wet-kit, and even a 12-yard dump box (never been used, but there just in case). Mostly pulls a lowbed or belly dump or 32' end-dump trlr as needed. Air/Electrics are both on the rear frame AND cab-guard, as are the wet-lines.

Right now it's hooked to a tilt-bed trailer.

Painted 'Old Caterpillar Yellow' and Gloss Black, and just looks good sitting there.

Hope this helps out!

Attachments

• IMG_1637 hef.JPG
    IMG_1637 hef.JPG
    89.1 KB · Views: 1,393
  • IMG_1639 hef.JPG
    IMG_1639 hef.JPG
    90.3 KB · Views: 1,361
  • IMG_1640 hef.JPG
    IMG_1640 hef.JPG
    128.8 KB · Views: 1,411
  • IMG_1641 hef.JPG
    IMG_1641 hef.JPG
    108.3 KB · Views: 1,367
Last edited:

HITACHI350

hey thanks for all the pics it means alot sorry u had to go out in that snow down here in washington near forks we got 9ins for like three days but its all gone now, and i will start on the pete in a week, thanks