• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

new 320DL

saudi owner

hey every one
I gust got a new cat excavator 320D L
and I want to know where it is made
I read in the label it is made in japan and I just don't trust the dealer so could any one can help
the serial number is KGF03325
thanx & best regards

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
According to Iron Record the KGF prefix is made in Japan. The Iron Record link was posted in a thread somewhere here on HEF and I bookmarked the site.

saudi owner

thanx a lot guys I really appreciate your help

if its not that much I want to know what are the Chinese excavator serial

number( first digits ) and how to know the date of production. and any thing is

important about them (excavator tips & advice ) and the service schedule for it

thanx and best regards

plantman.uk

Occupation
excavator operator
you don't trust the dealer?...why did you buy from them in the first place then?

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
and any thing is important about them (excavator tips & advice ) and the service schedule for it

thanx and best regards

In your case, best tip I can think of is maintain the engine air cleaner well. Keep sand out of the engine, it will destroy it in a hurry. ;)

Willis Bushogin

Occupation
owner
cat320

because we have no other choice! there is only one exclusive dealer in Saudi Arabia. Pure Monopoly!!!

In my opinion, there is nothing wrong with these aftermarket machines. The biggest difference I found in the 1995 Cat320L was the emissions. My Cat dealer got me a parts manual in Japanese. I know, how do we read Japanese, if we are from another country. You find the picture of the item you need and the part number is in english and then the local Cat dealer can get almost any parts. My machine had just had a new engine installed (made in the USA) I cant remember what parts I bought, but I didnt have any problems getting the parts
Good Luck

Occupation
Mechanic
This type (320D) is a simplified version of the larger types (323D and 324d). In particular, the hydraulic system (auxiliary system)is simpler. This makes the purchase price will be lower.

Lee-online

Build Date: 14Oct2008
Ship Date: 15Dec2009
Sales Date: 31Dec2009
Source Facility: Caterpillar Japan Ltd.
Selling dealer: Zahid Tractor & Heavy
Machinery Company Ltd
Customer Name: AL MADI CONTRACTING & MACHINERY RENTAL

There are a lot of the smaller and medium excavators are made in Japan and it really doesn't effect the quality or parts availability.

saudi owner

Build Date: 14Oct2008
Ship Date: 15Dec2009
Sales Date: 31Dec2009
Source Facility: Caterpillar Japan Ltd.
Selling dealer: Zahid Tractor & Heavy
Machinery Company Ltd
Customer Name: AL MADI CONTRACTING & MACHINERY RENTAL

There are a lot of the smaller and medium excavators are made in Japan and it really doesn't effect the quality or parts availability.

:eek: How in the hell you possibly knew that??! Specially how did you know our firm's name!?

Though Thanks A Lot for informing me about the Source Facility!!!