• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

New addition to the farm

motrack

Charter Member
Occupation
field service tech
HSV127....... Thanks for the info. I need to do a bit of research and see who using these around my area!

HSV127

i take my last comment back, 2009 base model 330hp xerion for 161 151euro befor tax!!!!

Hey funkinalive,

That was the reason we never ended up buying one, over here that 3800 was $500,000 NZD!! Think they have come down a bit since we looked at buying one.

My theory for getting one was I was going to get rid of our MT745 Cat Challenger and John Deere 8520 and replace them with the Xerion, that way we got a much more versitile tractor with almost as much traction as the Challenger and instead of 40kph powershift transmissions you get a 50kph (in both directions) vario trans, also more hp, but the price difference was just too much!

funkinalive

Occupation
Student
i take my last comment back, 2009 base model 330hp xerion for 161 151euro befor tax!!!!

Hey funkinalive,

That was the reason we never ended up buying one, over here that 3800 was $500,000 NZD!! Think they have come down a bit since we looked at buying one.

My theory for getting one was I was going to get rid of our MT745 Cat Challenger and John Deere 8520 and replace them with the Xerion, that way we got a much more versitile tractor with almost as much traction as the Challenger and instead of 40kph powershift transmissions you get a 50kph (in both directions) vario trans, also more hp, but the price difference was just too much!

I absolutely agree with you, the price i found was starting price for the 3800 series, so i can imagine them getting pretty pricey once the specs come up. its kind of a shame since its a great idea (the more versatility the tractor has the better), and id imagine that the price is the main reason their so rare on farms. it would be excessive for my father to buy the machine as we only have 200 hectars, 80 of which are worked, and the rest is used for pasture for the sheep. maybe an MB trac would be a more economical option... if they still made them lol.

Last edited: