• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

New Holland/Fiatagri M series tractor

Mquinista

By,
Got a small farm and looking to buy a farm tractor on the 100hp big frame type, all mechanical or minimal electrics and no electronic control units , something of the years 95/00 initially thought of a JD series 6000. Cause of power quad trans and clutchless inversor , but these are quite expensive and lot of time on them, also there’s a gap between the 6400 and 6600, which a 400 would be small (power side) and the 600 a litle too big (frame size)
Then came across the NH/Fiatagri M series, being one M100 and the other TM 100, that caught my attention.
So if someone could explain a litle about this units, at least from transmission point of view, engine, parts availability and so on.
The units I seen use the range command Trans, which I do not know nothing about , but judging by the way it works seems close to an automotive electrohydraulic trans with an electrohydraulic clutch plus a dry disk one, pls insight me !
The engine seems to be a 7.5 ltr NH genesis I. If this is the case how derated this unit is?
And commonalities besides the turbocharger and fueling does it share with bigger M160 engine. Or other 7.5 ltr genesis ?
The rest this tractor has all the features I need.

thanks