• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

new info 300 hyster

truecountry

Occupation
Shop Manager and Tech
ok its still running out of fuel .......... ive drain tank again and sprayed brake cleaner in it and has cut fuel pickup out with a hole cut saw and checked pickup for holes and debris stuck in metal line nothing there... i got a air hose and blew out tank and i saw rust flakes size of dimes flyying around in tank.... damnnnnnnnnnnn i think it needs coating but i dont trust what ive heard about fuel tank coating .... so heres what im going to try i just want to know what yall think ....end of pick up tube is 3/8 inside opening ,, im going to add a piece of pipe 2 inches x 2 inches welded it to tube with a cap on end and drill about 30 3/16 holes in it and make it a strainer if one hole gets clogged the rest will be open and anything smaller will be caught by filters

truecountry

Occupation
Shop Manager and Tech
atco i will keep yall posted and pics as soon as i get back out of knuckle boom , with so many workers out sick im back running it and its sick tooo lol swing flu ,,, ok all jokes aside its lacking pressure to turn cab and grapple is weak picking up and holding logs , changed main pump and still the same . poineer is due out tomorrow hope they can tell me something ive changed filters and opened valve bodys nothing i can see....... and if it dont quit raining we arent going to be working long

truecountry

Occupation
Shop Manager and Tech
pics

i got a chance to do the strainer i talked about but i made it smaller

Attachments

• 11-30-09_0752.jpg
    11-30-09_0752.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 131

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Looking good bro! ;)

And I guess you made it to where you could easily remove it from tank and inspect it.