• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

New to me HAMM 3412

theironoracle

Occupation
OWNER/OPERATOR MOBILE HEAVY EQUIPMENT REPAIR
Just acquired a hamm 3412 pad/smooth drum roller. Does anyone have things i should look for? How well do these hold up? Anything helps........tio

Deeretracks

Occupation
Shop Foreman
I bought a rusty pile that came over from Hawaii at RB 2yrs ago. It's been pretty trouble free but Modern is terrible about getting parts.

theironoracle

Occupation
Deeretracks, got mine from billings rb today. Modern is like that, the guys in Portland don't even know what a Timbco is! The guys in Chehalis are extremely knowledgeable with the timbco's. I'll do the final inspection when it gets here, hopefully no big problems I think I have it rented out for about 5 months. You never know we'll see what happens......TIO

Deeretracks

Occupation
Shop Foreman
Nice! I'm glad ours has been working fine. It was fairly cheap and I took a chance on it. Would have had egg on my face if it crapped out. I figure after 2 yrs she's paid for herself. Good luck with the rental, I love investments like that.

big04cummins

We have a 3412 that has been fairly trouble free I believe we had an O-ring start leaking on the park brake valve that started causing some electrical issues with the oil soaked harness that runs right beneath the valve but no mechanical issues other than that. The electrical issues cleared up after a good bath. Ours has an enclosed cab on it that seems to be a money pit between replacing windows and welding doors back on because operators can't pay attention. We also have a 48" I believe it's either a 2810? or 3205? (can't remember for sure it's been about a year since I've seen it) but it has always had electrical issues with the parking brake system it seems like every couple days we had to mess with sensors, wiring, or solenoids to get it to move at only 1000 hours. The drive train seems to be solid on them, they won't rapidly change direction so the drive motor and differential are protected from operator abuse.

theironoracle

Occupation
Thanks guys! I will pay for it Tuesday and get it shipped next week hopefully it runs out good and I can get it on a long term rent if not it'll probably be at the July 29 sale in Chehalis.....TIO

theironoracle

Occupation
The Hammy showed up today, thanks Whitewood Transport from Billings Montana, she looks good, runs good, and looks to be ready to work. Next test is getting it to run those first 10 hours without any problems........TIO