• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

New to me MC crawler

Norbert77

Hello all, Norbert here, just bought this beast at an auction. They said it needs a starter. They were not kidding, spent the day taking apart, trying a fix, reinstall, not working, redo... Needs a Bendix spring but got it sorted out, the threads on the end of the little nut are stripped and had to ream out the shaft to make it stay on. Undercut the mica and cleaned up armature, eventually it started but I will get it sent out for a few things.

This dozer. Don't know where to start. Oil change. Cleaned the carb, removed ages worth of gunk build up. I can hear a bit of liquid in the float. She's a leaker... Leaking on the fast circuit adjustment, fuel bowl shutoff and needs a bowl gasket. That's as far as I got, it is still on the trailer. Brake pedal doesn't seem to do anything. Needs a nose cone, boy, does it need a lot.

Someone has (tried and failed?) converting to 12 volt. It's a 12 volt starter, coil and alternator, but nothing is wired up. All old wires have been removed. But at least no bastardized ratsnest to figure out.

Tomorrow I will push it off the trailer

wise electric
[/quote]