• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

new to me newholland

bullit340

I got a used new holland lx985. Full cab w/heat 2 speed, the thing seems to be a nice machine, bucket pins have some slop and the steering levers are off a little bit but otherwise it runs great with plenty of power. I have used it for snow with a 10' pusher for the last 2 months and am pleased. I am wondering what if any problems I might encounter at about 2,200 hrs?

tightgtp

Occupation
lead service technician for the largest forklift c
keep the drive chains adjusted up, grease the zerk on the axle housing inside the wheel. otherwise beat the crap out of it. awesome machine.

bullit340

wow this was an old post, thanks for the info though. I have run it for about a year now and liked the NH so much I just sold a much newer bobcat and kept the older NH. I went through the machine greese filters etc... and I do know that there is one drive chain that has way more play in it than the other. Maybe this has something to do with why my steering is off a bit.

tightgtp

Occupation
lead service technician for the largest forklift c
to adjust the chains you'll have to pull the wheel on the axle you want to adjust. loosen the axle mount bolts a bit and take a sledge hammer and beat the axle away from the center. as far as the steering being off i'm assuming you mean one side drives faster than the other. if i remember right the four bolts that bolt the drive lever assy down to the frame are slotted, so all you need to do is move it forward to increase speed and backwards to slow down. i'm new on here and i used to work at a new holland dealership. so i was checking any new holland questions. hope this helps, feel free to pick my brain