• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Nitrogen charge for concrete hammer

SunServicesLLC

I have an EACO concrete hammer for skidsteers it stopped working today and was told its because it needs to be recharged. Anyone have info on where to get this done. Bobcat dealer said they would only service ones they sell.
Thanks in advance
Brian

CEwriter

Occupation
journalist
Not finding an EACO hammer anywhere on the Internet or my directories. Any chance you have the name wrong?

dirthog

Occupation
heavy equipment mechanic
Any good equipment repair shop should be able to recharge it the key if what kind of fittings are on it for the nitrogen we just bought a kit to charge very high pressure accumulators on a milling machine and it was not cheep well over $1000 just for it only good thing we can use the gauge and hose with some of our other adapters.

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
I have an Esco hammer as well. Mine is a 1500 pound hammer. All you need to recharge it is an adaptor to go from the nitrogen tank to the fill valve on the hammer. Esco stopped making hammers sometime ago. Esco is still in business just not in the hammer business. If you contact Esco they will give the company that is handling the parts for the Esco hammers in circulation. I don't remember who that was. They can also give you the recommended charge amount for the hammer. With that you can charge it yourself or take it to any dealer and they can (with your adaptor for your hammer) fill your breaker. Not a big deal.