• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

no controls

Joe72

Hi everyone. I have a 1989 link belt LS 2800 c series II It runs fine and will track and or tracks move back and forth but I get nothing out of the controls. No movement of any kind All fuses are good and no blown lines. fluid is full. what should i be checking ?

skadill

I had one of these a few years back just to re sell, it sat quite a while and the left joystick wouldn't respond. It was the plungers in the pilot valve pushed down and stayed down. Took apart, buffed up spools, and it worked again. The tracks ran on direct cable linkage to the valve bank and weren't affected. They also don't cut out with the safety lever, they are always active.

Joe72

Thanks for the response, right i can see that about the tracks. both joysticks are dead I'm getting no response. I did find evidence of mice so its possible that they may have chewed a wire or something.

gggraham

Occupation
Licensed Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic
I know the early Case 9020/9030 and Linkbelt machines were the same thinking your machine is in that range . On our early models the tracks were just rods under the floor but the pilot controls were controlled by a solenoid valve when you put the armrest down, some had a lever. This closed a micro switch which allowed power to the solenoid. Check your switch.