• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

No Crank No Start

Mechanicsville804

Hi all,

I am looking at a Komatsu FG25T-14 (589108A) and I am having a no crank no start. I have 12 volts to my starter fuse, but when I turn the key no power to my control wire on my starter. Any advice or wiring schematic would be appreciated!

OzDozer

Occupation
Semi-Retired ..
Dirty fuses and dirty connections in the starter wiring harness are the main areas that have given me grief on the Japanese forklifts.
Trace the wiring from the key to the starter and look for the round bayonet type connections that the Japanese are fond of using.
If these get moisture and dirt and dust in them, they corrode and cease to carry the current.
You will likely have to pull the floorplate to follow the wiring, it can be difficult to follow in the harness.

Mechanicsville804

Dirty fuses and dirty connections in the starter wiring harness are the main areas that have given me grief on the Japanese forklifts.
Trace the wiring from the key to the starter and look for the round bayonet type connections that the Japanese are fond of using.
If these get moisture and dirt and dust in them, they corrode and cease to carry the current.
You will likely have to pull the floorplate to follow the wiring, it can be difficult to follow in the harness.
Alrighty, thank you I will go ahead and take a peak!