• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Norway pics

hammerman

Occupation
excavator operator
MKTEF make a note of me, If you know something about some job,let me know please, really i need a job and I cannot wait more time to Spain´s government repairs our country,I was trying migrate to Australia,really they need operators, but excavator operator isn´t in the skilled list for applying for a working Visa, I only want to work,it´s the same wich country,however both countries seems very good for living.Thank you in advance.

MKTEF

Occupation
Production manager
This year at least 6 projects in the 120+ Million Euro size is comming out and is started. Norways road authoroties has let our infrastructure go down the drain. Now there is a huge amount of work to do for everybody. +rail and airport projects.(One 100Mill euro on Oslo airport started 2 weeks ago)
Some of theese projects can/will be done by companies from outside Norway.(good luck to them)

Move your favourite rumpsteak up here in June and start searching for work. Thats the best advice i can give you.(bring your papers with you)
The socalled echonomic chrisis, only came on the news here in Norway.

hammerman

Occupation
excavator operator
This year at least 6 projects in the 120+ Million Euro size is comming out and is started. Norways road authoroties has let our infrastructure go down the drain. Now there is a huge amount of work to do for everybody. +rail and airport projects.(One 100Mill euro on Oslo airport started 2 weeks ago)
Some of theese projects can/will be done by companies from outside Norway.(good luck to them)

Move your favourite rumpsteak up here in June and start searching for work. Thats the best advice i can give you.(bring your papers with you)
The socalled echonomic chrisis, only came on the news here in Norway.

Right now I will begin to get information about,I´m sure that working won´t come to my home to find me...thanks and have good sunday.

Per Eriksson

You could also try to look in Sweden, simpler to get a job here's since we as opposed to Norway are members of the european Union.

hammerman

Occupation
excavator operator
You could also try to look in Sweden, simpler to get a job here's since we as opposed to Norway are members of the european Union.
You are right, from here I ask to all people one help to help me to find a job,married,two children and above all very hard working,available from right now wherever someone needs me,retaining walls, final trim,mine,quarrying,trenching...etc you can see "some of my works" in one thread called in the same form posted in this forum.

joispoi

Norway is an EEC member. It´s just as easy for a European resident to get a job in Norway as in any EU member country.

hammerman

Occupation
excavator operator
Norway is an EEC member. It´s just as easy for a European resident to get a job in Norway as in any EU member country.

I was trying in both countries,however the searching engines go with its norwegian/swedish languages;when I used with english the search takes me to Norway-Canada and Sweden-Florida, any advide about or specific word to start? for example excavator operator translated to norwegian...the online dictionary, doesn´t give me good results...Thanks in advance :)

MKTEF

Occupation
Production manager
A old Akerman EC450 still in use.
Leaks oil and toothless:)

This guy works late som evenings, and is right outside my barrack window.:rolleyes:

Attachments

• ec450 4.jpg
    ec450 4.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 2,203
  • ec450 1.jpg
    ec450 1.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 2,302
  • ec450 2.jpg
    ec450 2.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 2,245
  • ec450 5.jpg
    ec450 5.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 2,209
  • ec450 3.jpg
    ec450 3.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 2,196

MKTEF

Occupation
Production manager
Some pics from the harbour area of Oslo, where i sleep in one of the barrack systems.;)

I counted xx cranes, how many do you count? (in 1. pic)
The new opera is right over the bay behind the bulding in construction.

AF got at least 5 barrack systems in the area..

Attachments

• pelem afhavn.jpg
    pelem afhavn.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 2,225
  • Oslo skyline.jpg
    Oslo skyline.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 2,221
  • brakker i 3 etg.jpg
    brakker i 3 etg.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 2,215

MKTEF

Occupation
Production manager
The Norwegian coastal express goes from Bergen to Kirkenes.(Hurtigruta)
NRK(Norwegian broadcasting television) is sending live from the trip.
They are now in Lofoten, there is at least 3 days left of sending...
Weather is extremely good, and the view is just stunning.

Here is a link:
http://www.nrk.no/hurtigruten/

This is Norway at it's best...
(and i bet there is som heavy equipment along the coast too.)

Taylortractornu

Charter Member
Occupation
Privvate landfill operator/manager
MKTEF I ve got a question late in the game for you. I was reading all the posts earlier and saw the little track over tire hydraulic unit. Im planning on building a light tracked unit to move material through the woods an around the farm. I saw a similar track set up on a Kravette log skidder the other day in Classic Plant and Machinery Mag.

Did it get around good on rough/ forest terrain and did the front axle tension the tracks. Did it ever have any trouble walking out of track? Did it have a good pushing power.

Take care and keep up the great pics.

RocksnRoses

Occupation
Owner operater crushing & contracting business
I'll add some pics from a project up north.
They are building a molo around the ship Murmansk, and then pumping the water out, to bring the demolition machines in on the sea bed.:cool:
Pics is from Sørøya, i belive the place in the background is Sørvær.
300 people live in that smal village.
Atlantic is straight out from the end of the wreck.
Storms has flattened the molo a couple of times.:cool2
This is way above the artic circle.....
One of the pics show the wreck and Sørvær before they started.;)

I posted a video of a L220 Vs Cat 980, that Volvo is in one of the pics.

Pics is screendumps from this camera:
http://murmansk.livecam360.com/flash/main2.php

Copyright is Kystverket or AF Miljø (Decom)?

Pics shown is live, but 24h delayed, so it might be dark when u watch!:)

I thought I would bring this post from MKTEF back up. I have been watching the progress ever since he posted the link on HEF. A couple of days ago they pumped all the water out from around the Murmansk and are now demolishing the ship.

I have found this really interesting.

RnR.

MKTEF

Occupation
Production manager
I agree with that Rocksnroses!
The battleship is on dry ground, and they have started cutting on the front deck.
AF has had real big problems with both the weather and the ocean floor.
The sand on the bottom leaked water in under the sheetpiling. They have used DTH drilling riggs to inject stuff to get it tight.
U can see two rigs on the left by the towboat. One big compressor all to the left and one in the middle up by the edge of the molo.
In a couple of weeks i bet the big crawlers will arrive, with their shears and start cutting it up big time.

Last edited:

JDOFMEMI

Thanks for bringing this back up. I had missed out on much of it, and it was nice to catch up again.

koens90

It's getting an old topic, but is there someone who has more pictures of Norway? I really love it !
And can someone tell me where they're looking for surveyors/supervisors?? :D

MKTEF

Occupation
Production manager
I am still lurking around...

Any special Things you guys want to see pics of?

Regarding work, you have to look in the ads.
www.finn.no is a Place. or at www.nav.no

Right now some Foreign Contractors is thrown out of contracts, because they are not productive enough.
Spanish firm got their contract canselled and they where expelled from a competition this month.

Here is a pic from a Project we are doing.
Knuselasting.jpg

MKTEF

Occupation
Production manager
Here is some more..

First is of correct marking of military explosives:)
One pic of a Moxy MT31. Driver got out on the edge, contra steared, hit the rock at left, Box got overturned and bearing bolts snapped of.(he wore the seatbelt and was shaken but ok)
Then 3 pics of a PC210 in the mud. 1 time travelling over is ok, but the second time he just went trough.(from 2009)

texit.jpgmoxy.jpgberge3.jpgberge2.jpgberge.jpg