• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Oddball Questions about organizing your service truck.

mitch504

This summer my long-time companion died (a 1986 C-30 service truck).:(

I acquired an F-SuperDuty w/ a low profile 9' bed w/ top boxes and a brand new crate 7.3 for less than the cost of fixing my old friend. (I won't mention the 5-spd was in pieces that I had to Tig back together.)

Anyway, to finally get to the point, I have been organizing and fixing up this truck along and along, and have run into some things that I know can be done better. So, I made a thread to ask y'all about them.

1. How do you keep hose clamps?

FSERVICE

i have a plastic tote that sits in the bottom of the crane compartment. iv also saw guys that have a loop of wire with all the clamps hung from the top of the compartment or the door

theironoracle

Occupation
OWNER/OPERATOR MOBILE HEAVY EQUIPMENT REPAIR
mitch504, i keep lots of parts in what i call a Lawson box, metal box 2x12x14 or so with hinged lid for the hose clamps in put all sizes in one section of a box which is divided into quarters with front to back. these boxes have many different interior configurations depending on size and wieght of things to devided....................theironoracle